Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Haha!

In a perfect world, we'd all want Sanchez, Rose or Bertrand, VVD & Mbappe if we stood a chance. As it stands FFP is still the spectre on our horizon, so if Pep doesn't want to spunk £60m-£70m on VVD and instead wants Evans as a compromise to keep his powder dry for other targets, who are we to argue?

Pep sees Mangala every day in training & clearly doesn't want him, so is anyone saying that Pep hasn't weighed up Evans and seen him as the better option? WBA fans have all been saying he's been their best & most consistent player over the last two years and several Rags who've commented on the speculation say that out of Jones, Smalling & Jones, Jones is the last one who should have been sold. Apparently even Ferguson openly expressed surprise that Evans was allowed to lead never mind for the £6m ManUre got for him.

Fans will always put local rivalry to the fore, but Pep and his team aren't City fans, they're employees & professionals and just want the best tools we can afford so they can do the best for themselves and ultimately our club. When I first heard I thought Evans to City was just silly media speculation, but now it's obvious it's concrete, I'm prepared to put my faith in our management team that they know what they're doing.

I saw Barca the other day, & they're a pale shadow of the team Pep vacated. He was criticised for some of the things he did in his final season at Barca, but looking back now, it seems he has history on his side. We should trust in Pep's judgement until he gives us a reason not to, & I'm sorry ladies & gents, buying Evans as a replacement for Mangala isn't a good enough reason not to trust Pep's judgement....

Far too sensible for the overriding narrative on this thread but it is a big like from me.

So assuming Evans is finalised, defensively we have vastly improved:

Ederson > Bravo
Walker > Zaba
Danilo > Sagna
Mendy > Clichy
Evans > Kola

Not perfect, paid a fortune as well but I would have snapped anyone's hand off for that at the start of the window.

Wait it's £27 million now?! Enough to have Txiki submitted for a 48 hour psychiatric evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.