Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as a fourth CB. He will be in the mix rotating and will play a significant number of games. Let me get this right 30 million for Evans or 60 million for VVD - now that is a hard one.

And how do you know for sure he will be "average at best" for us - or can you see into the future?. Different team, different set up, different players. Prob best to see him play for us before writing him off IMO
I never said that I know for sure, and if we buy him I would be happy as fuck to be wrong, but I fear I won't be, and I reckon apart from wanting to stick up for the manager's judgement, which is of course commendable, I reckon you think he wouldn't be a good signing too

Not correct, he went to WBA straight from united 2 years ago, his time at Sunderland was 9 years ago on loan.

Do you think he's improved from his scum form and become a must have?

Let's be honest about him...we took the piss when he played for the scum because he was crap yet suddenly he's good enough for us....may not having that....but I do admit you are right about Sunderland being a loan whilst at the rags.

Why would he give a fuck?!

You seriously think Guardiola is going to scout a player, decide he wants him, agree personal terms, submit and offer and then....change his mind because some twats on social media think Evans is not all that?

He probably trusts his assessment of the player over a group of KFAs.
You see the problem with you Sunshine is that you think you know everything, but in reality know a very limited amount. On the other hand, Pep knows a huge amount, but does make mistakes, this may well be one of them, although I hope he is right and I am wrong. In terms of twats you are dining at the head of the top table

Would rather Tosin as hes a local lad and I want youth to finally be given a chance since the takeover

Think Mangala is pretty shite (didnt want him at the time either) but hs would fine for a limited role as 4th choice centre back

English pundits are making Jonny Evans to be next fucking Beckenbauer. We all know hes bang average.

I dont trust our scouting team at all when it comes to centre backs.
To be honest I disagree with putting in Tosin because he's a local lad and to finally give youth a chance. Pep has already proved throughout his career, that if the kids around him are good enough, he'll play them. The fact he rarely played any of ours in the4 last 12 months, speaks volumes about the way we rate our kids and how Pep does.

Youth can wait it's turn, right now what would you rather: A. a potless season, but the kids got regular run outs? or B. We used them as and when needed and won titles and trophies this season?

To alleviate this issue, this is why there has been an obvious hook up between City & Girona. Maffeo looked the best defender on the park to me when we played them, hopefully he'll take this seasons opportunity to prove he deserves a fair shot with City. No way am i in favour of fielding inferior lineups just to prove we have faith in our youth who just are not up to task of regularly helping us to win major trophies at the moment.

Everyone wanted Patrick Roberts to be given a chance this season. Did you watch him in pre-season at all? he's not yet ready for where we desire to be and his underwhelming performances proved this. The fact we wanted him forego the procession and glory of another easy title win for Celtic and prove himself in a tougher league, but he refused the chance speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.