Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescottt was not as good as Evans, he was a Mangala mk2. He also cost more than Evans will cost and that was a generation ago.

A prime Barry would get in this team. He was better and a far more intelligent footballer than Fernandinho

He was twice the player & part of the best cb pairing we have ever had at City. We have never even come close to replacing him & it will end up costing a billion.

Barry is nowhere near Fernandinho as a footballer, just better at defending space, at which he was the all time best. Fernandinho is better at literally everything else & 4 yards faster.

You would agree we are a top team/club so why is JE in the frame (if indeed he is)?

Your laughing at what you perceive will be the outcome (which may be correct), or could be a million miles off (price and effect) .
yep i am like I did with the bony signing

The club makes mistakes like they did with delph, sinclair, bravo, nolito etc

This is another level of bizarreness though. 30 million for JFE

Lescottt was not as good as Evans, he was a Mangala mk2. He also cost more than Evans will cost and that was a generation ago.

A prime Barry would get in this team. He was better and a far more intelligent footballer than Fernandinho
Fernandinho is in a completely different class to barry who looked lost in european football.

Pep and his team are obviously looking to make the addition of a squad player that fits a certain criteria,and ticks the relevant boxes.So,while we'd all sooner a more obvious,younger,superstar type player......It seems that isnt the profile we currently want/require and that all roads lead to this lad.

I guess circumstance has changed our initial strategy in regards our recruitment,subsequently while Evans will not have been on list A or probably even B......i can only trust this decision will not have been made without a great deal of thought.

He was twice the player & part of the best cb pairing we have ever had at City. We have never even come close to replacing him & it will end up costing a billion.

Barry is nowhere near Fernandinho as a footballer, just better at defending space, at which he was the all time best. Fernandinho is better at literally everything else & 4 yards faster.
Madness that people put Evans above Lescott, lol.

Pep and his team are obviously looking to make the addition of a squad player that fits a certain criteria,and ticks the relevant boxes.So,while we'd all sooner a more obvious,younger,superstar type player......It seems that isnt the profile we currently want/require and that all roads lead to this lad.

I guess circumstance has changed our initial strategy in regards our recruitment,subsequently while Evans will not have been on list A or probably even B......i can only trust this decision will not have been made without a great deal of thought.

Don't be daft man, according to most on here our scouting and management team are clueless

Lescott may not have been the best in his last two seasons with us but he and Vinny in their pomp were one of if not the best cb pairings in the PL. Those who are posting about him not being better than Evans have either a short memory or are trying to change history to justify their support for buying Evans. Or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.