Security

Just think about the logistics of moving 50,000 plus people into and out of a confined space comfortably and safely - then consider need for absolute vigilance in the current climate. Is it too much to ask people to give themselves a bit more time and use a specific turnstile.
Give yourself a bit more time and ease the burden..
That's fine to ask if a 3pm kick off on a Saturday, but on a Monday night when people are leaving work at 5 / travelling from around the area / country?

Security at the Etihad haha. They don't give a shit about queues or security, the tweet last season asking us to turn up hours earlier is a joke. We have jobs!!!!

If a terrorist attack ever happens at the Etihad (god forbid) all they need to do is stand in the middle of the queue outside the South Stand, last year's game against Monaco was a disgrace. The stewards on a power trip need to be told, if shit hits the fan and they're responsible for us we're fucked.

the security should be paid top money checking bags low wages and the risk these days they need a medal not calling
I understand your point mate but they really need to be fit for purpose and they're not.

Just imagine if something did happen, it wouldn't take long for the shit to hit the fan (no pun) as we're all aware they for numerous reasons are unable to function effectively.

Doesn't it also depend on how many turn up at each turnstile carrying bags? And how many are late or early arrivals?

There's probably logic to it, but I must admit I don't get it. If I arrive at the ground and see 4 queues I usually go to the shortest. Which surely helps regulates the lengths of the queues. If I'm compelled to only go to one then isn't there more potential for there being some short queues and some very long queues just before kick off.

It was somewhat tongue in cheek, an image of the planning meeting between Showsec and City's security team came into my head and it wasn't pretty! I'm 'fortunate' in that I can get to the ground early, tbh it's a must because it's just a pain on the 602 and Mancunian Way otherwise, but I sympathise with anyone restricted to time because of work.

Says this in the email..... "In an emergency, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them."

That's the "Public Address" that a third of the stadium hasn't been able to hear for the last three years then? Or have they finally fixed the tannoy?

Says this in the email..... "In an emergency, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them."

That's the "Public Address" that a third of the stadium hasn't been able to hear for the last three years then? Or have they finally fixed the tannoy?

You should try SS3, loud as fuck....so loud you can't actually here it when someone is talking, just a wall of noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.