Security

Minimum security should be concrete barriers where fans cross the road car-park to stadium, ticket checks at perimeter (pat downs for under puffy style jackets - still not found that other suspected bomb from M.E.N arena). Think I'll be avoiding Tram and Sumerbee bar/city square and go straight in.

Security checks carried out by untrained staff who are paid a pittance.
In the event that a terrorist got through where would they lay the blame, on the poor guy/girl who was on the gate.
Imagine how they would cope with the rest of their life.
They will not employ a proper security firm, with sniffer dogs.
If they had explosive dogs going round the queues it would be a bigger deterrent than hap hazard searches.
And do they search every employee that is admitted to the stadium as well.??

I always get there 30mins before, usually queue a little outside B/K and waltz in with enough time for a pint before kick off.

I agree with Brendan110_0 - let's have perimeter checks instead, like they had for the Stone Roses concert... once 'inside the perimeter' you're free to grab a pint, use the contents of your bleedin' bag and get to your seat in time for kick off... all entrances pretty much open (with turnstiles for your season ticket, obviously!)

I'd also have sniffer dogs/security wandering around within the perimeter... I'm a big believer in presence preventing problems.

All the lovely lines of folks queuing up making wonderful targets for suicide bombers or speeding van drivers.
Someone needs to give their head a wobble about the current security restrictions.

If people are given the choice of turnstiles they will usually choose the most convenient for them and not for the club getting people into the ground. Restricting people to only one turnstile, I assume, helps to eleviate that problem. It also helps the flow of people once in the stadium coming into the stadium by the closest to your seat helps by not having to cross people going in the opposite direction. Not by much I admit because you will always get people wandering around anyway.

Is there a problem with the flow of people inside the stadium? Because there will be now outside the stadium as people will be passing people coming from the direction not nearest their closest entrance and vice versa - and when you pass your alternative entrance with no queue and find your "proper" entrance has a big queue, "flow" will not be in mind. This is what we had when the stadium first opened and why it was changed to allow use of more than one entrance. Like the "separation" of cars and people at the start of last season, it's a stupid idea that won't last more than two matches.

Is there a problem with the flow of people inside the stadium? Because there will be now outside the stadium as people will be passing people coming from the direction not nearest their closest entrance and vice versa - and when you pass your alternative entrance with no queue and find your "proper" entrance has a big queue, "flow" will not be in mind. This is what we had when the stadium first opened and why it was changed to allow use of more than one entrance. Like the "separation" of cars and people at the start of last season, it's a stupid idea that won't last more than two matches.

Its asking for trouble to launch this at an evening ko game. If, 10 mins before kick off, there are huge queues at some entrances and small queues at the adjacent entrance, there's going to be a lot of disgruntled fans.

Its asking for trouble to launch this at an evening ko game. If, 10 mins before kick off, there are huge queues at some entrances and small queues at the adjacent entrance, there's going to be a lot of disgruntled fans.
Especially when half the disgruntled fans are queuing at the wrong entrance having not bothered reading the info properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.