Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's boring when other people want to air their opinion, but you've just added to it.
Subjective opinion is boring when its repeated ad nauseum. How many times do you want to read he's shit, or no he's not? I add ed objective fact. i.e. his playing record and status as club captain and asked the question as to why the late development of this transfer which is interesting. You must admit it's off that we make a move for a central defender after the season has started in contrast to our other business

Even will be lucky to play more than 10 games for us. I'd rather fit in youth than give it to a shit rag

I suspect he will play a lot more than 10 games if he signs. I would rather play youth if we had any that were CBs and good enough/ready for first team football but we don't IMO.

There are many CBs I would have before Evans but none of them are HG and that may well be an important factor if we have other overseas players coming in.

Subjective opinion is boring when its repeated ad nauseum. How many times do you want to read he's shit, or no he's not? I add ed objective fact. i.e. his playing record and status as club captain and asked the question as to why the late development of this transfer which is interesting. You must admit it's off that we make a move for a central defender after the season has started in contrast to our other business

I suspect that this has come about at a late stage as we have a couple more overseas players to come in still and need to move Mangala on to make space for them. Hence needing a HG centre back.

I've previously posted that I am no expert on Evans the player because he has never been on my radar but I have seen him play many times over the years and he is not shite; not even remotely so from my recollection.

We should have Toby "tapped up" to join us next summer. Promise him a signing up fee to compensate for any wages lost this season due to not signing a new contract and activate his release clause next summer for £22m (IIRC).

I'd love to take him away from Spurs for £22m. As a club they've always been very high on my Arya Stark style list!

I suspect that this has come about at a late stage as we have a couple more overseas players to come in still and need to move Mangala on to make space for them. Hence needing a HG centre back.
That's my take on it as well, I would be a bit disappointed if we got Evans and it wasn't for homegrown reasons. I'd live with it though.

You mentioned that he was experienced and club captain, the rest was just your subjective opinion. I have no problem with you voicing that opinion but you shouldn't criticise others for giving their opinion if you're just going to do the same.
The facts are that he is a very experienced player, and captain of his club. Ideal player for cover. Better that than none. And an improvement on Kolarov last season, and Demichelis/Nastasic in previous title winning seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.