Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it not? What I'm saying is that it's a panic buy - he won't have been a first choice signing at the start of the season and it looks like Pep is just buying him for the sake of it.

There's 2 weeks left until the window closes. Instead of panic buying a 29 year old we could use the 25/30 million on a younger target or put it towards someone who could come in and improve the first XI i.e. Van Djik.

Make sense?
Not to me, I am sick and tired of us signing CBS who are full of potential or tearing up other leagues and either don't fulfil their potential or look average in our league. Evans is very solid in our league he is consistent he will be a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 week in week out, it's a low risk signing, vvd is a quality player but when was the last time he has played, will he come back at the same level? Is a lot more money is he three times the player Evans is?

I hate this as a reply to a fellow City, it is like no no you are not allowed an opinion of your own, the god has choosen so fucking deal with it.

Well I hate to spoil your rhetoric but the pair of them have a dogshit record of buying centre halves, Txiki has an awful record and that is just with us.

So I feel it is valid that fans can question the transfer of Evans, not that it matters one way or the other, they are hardly likely to see this thread and change their mind, all it does is put City fans against one another yet again, every thread is like that in here at the end of the day.

Name all these awful CB's that Txiki has signed for us.

He certainly presided over us paying too much for Mangala; although I don't think he is an awful player. We'll never know but I reckon if Managa had had two seasons playing 30 games per alongside Vinnie, we'd have a somewhat different view of Eli.

If you are going to tell me that Ota, Stones and MDM are awful, I'm going to disagree.

Find this odd... not a single presenter/pundit/radio broadcaster that I have heard has said it would be a bad signing- in fact some have said it would be a good signing, with Pep obviously impressed. Yet the majority on here has slaughtered the guy...

I find it odd that a single presenter, pundit, broadcaster is saying something positive about a potential signing me might make.
Half of these twats didn't rate Yaya and Silva.

Find this odd... not a single presenter/pundit/radio broadcaster that I have heard has said it would be a bad signing- in fact some have said it would be a good signing, with Pep obviously impressed. Yet the majority on here has slaughtered the guy...
That's 'Cos the vast majority of the media are cockney/Rag Sh*t-houses who hate City with a passion, know f*ck all, and can't wait for us to fall flat on our arse

Name all these awful CB's that Txiki has signed for us.

He certainly presided over us paying too much for Mangala; although I don't think he is an awful player. We'll never know but I reckon if Managa had had two seasons playing 30 games per alongside Vinnie, we'd have a somewhat different view of Eli.

If you are going to tell me that Ota, Stones and MDM are awful, I'm going to disagree.

Well yes MDM was pretty awful against top class opposition, Stones at 50m is ridiculous and I like him and think he will be a good player for us, 42m for Mangala is a terrible bit of business, if you want Ota is not as good as he looked in Spain, his defending is far more rash and he spent his first year sliding about on his arse, improved somewhat on that last season.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/...i-begiristains-history-in-the-transfer-market

Chyrgynskiy - £22m - Defender (22 yo). Highly rated, played 12 games for Barcelona before being sold the year after signing. Barca ate a loss of £9m on the player.

Henrique - £7m - Defender. Who? Really, who? A 21 yo Brazilian defender. Released after 3 years having never played a game for Barcelona but had loan spells at various European clubs.

Gabriel Milito - £17.6m - Defender (26 yo) Signed from Zaragoza, Gabriel played for 3 years for Barca notching 48 appearances for the club as a squad player. A useful utility plug and play type, the size of the fee and the number of games played leaves me underwhelmed or to give this signing a pass.

Some good, some bad. Alves and Pique are the standout signings of Txiki's reign. We also saw some cheap depth players who went on to play a lot of games for Barca, so kudos there. But there were some mistakes, none bigger than Chygrynskiy at £22m, Caceras at £14m. Milito at £17m, and Henrique and Edmilson cost in the £8m range. It's hard to argue that any of that £70 odd million was particularly well spent.

Txiki was excellent on the cheap signings and poor on the expensive one's save fopr Dani Alves.

I have added this one in just for the relevance
Gerard Pique - £4.4m - Defender (22yo) A clear success story, was sold by Ferguson who, so the stories go, believed J Evans to have greater potential. An easy signing to make, bringing home the 'stolen' youth product. A great price too

At the end of the day nobody will convince me signing JFE for nearly 30m is good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.