Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im praying this doesnt happen, A because I think Evans is way overpriced by about 20 million, and B because I cant stand that smug bastard Pulis, he'll be gloating about ripping City off.
I think they paid 6 million for Evans when he was younger.

Please Pep no.

How many big clubs "gamble" on the the Van Dijks and Macguires of this world? Big clubs have the money and want the tried and tested. All well and good saying we could have got Van Dijk for next to nothing but when's the last time any big club signed a player from Scotland?
Fair point on Van Dijks but we missed the chance to get Alderwield twice once from Ajax and once he'd proven himself at Southampton. We heard about detailed stats and dosiers when we signed Mangala. connellblue is right, either our scouts are generally rubbish or their advice isn't being listened to. The Jesus and the Douglas Luiz signings are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Fair point on Van Dijks but we missed the chance to get Alderwield twice once from Ajax and once he'd proven himself at Southampton. We heard about detailed stats and dosiers when we signed Mangala. connellblue is right, either our scouts are generally rubbish or their advice isn't being listened to. The Jesus and the Douglas Luiz signings are the exceptions that prove the rule.
We should have snapped up Van Dijk from Celtic it was not rocket science to see he had everything.... Pace, power and excellent on the ball for a defender... Course there's always the chance we tried but the player wants to be a guaranteed starter...

While an offer in the region of £25m plus add-ons may cause Albion to consider Evans’s sale, Guardiola is also insistent that, if his central defence cannot be strengthened, he will still be content.

“We try to do the best squad as possible for the long season,” said Guardiola . “We are going to see how the market finishes at the end of the window. If we have to stay with the players we have right now we are happy. If someone comes we are happy too. I know how good the club works since I arrive here and we try to do our best. Sometimes it’s possible, sometimes not. Nothing to say.

We should have snapped up Van Dijk from Celtic it was not rocket science to see he had everything.... Pace, power and excellent on the ball for a defender... Course there's always the chance we tried but the player wants to be a guaranteed starter...
Of course we should. And god only knows how we missed him when he was playing with Denayer at Celtic (while at the same time spending a fortune on a non-footballer like Mangala). I presume the decision not to pursue VVD now is rooted in budgetary and hg issues.

Still think Mangala is decent cover.
Strangely he had a very good game against Girona midweek, but I think Pep and the team had already decided he wasn't up to it.

Mangala has been inconsistent in his distribution, but he can be a more effective tackler than Evans. Neither is ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.