Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I can fully understand that with United having more fans there are likely to be more articles about them without it being a bias against us. Similarly, like we get more articles about us than Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc.

As discussed on here a million times there is good reason to moan about coverage but, as happens so often people are getting upset about very little.

The salient point that you omit Frank is that the number of pieces is of secondary importance to the tone. When it comes to united what you get is puff piece after puff piece after puff piece. When it comes to City however, the name of the game is, more often than not, negative stereotyping, or information that is misrepresented. Remember the BBC's expose on youth football in Manchester a couple of months ago, in which they tried to pass off Dave Horrocks - boss of Fletcher Moss Rangers and long time season ticket holder at the swamp - as a neutral, so that he could put the boot into City and St Bede's non-stop? I do......

No but I can fully understand that with United having more fans there are likely to be more articles about them without it being a bias against us.

As discussed on here a million times there is good reason to moan about coverage but, as happens so often people are getting upset about very little.
I'd love you to justify why this particular article is necessary, even more so on the main news front page, not even the football one.

There are about 20-25 of them, from a City of millions, most of who I would suggest couldn't care less, newsworthy ? Is it f**k.

No media bias...

BBC story on the main news page "Baghdads little manchester", a video of their official supporters club, that I won't link to.

It's on every single one of their BBC world news bulletin s I've seen today.

No but I can fully understand that with United having more fans there are likely to be more articles about them without it being a bias against us.

You really are one in a million mate. Sorry, one in 659 million.

I'd love you to justify why this particular article is necessary, even more so on the main news front page, not even the football one.

There are about 20-25 of them, from a City of millions, most of who I would suggest couldn't care less, newsworthy ? Is it f**k.

A typical BBC feel good story, rising from the ashes etc etc. it's not that long ago the Real Madrid fans were bombed by isis when they gathered there.

Had Sky Sports News on for about 5 mins yesterday. They mentioned Super Sunday, Spurs v Chelsea, runners up v Champions, then said Monday night, Big spenders City v Everton.Okay, we have both spent big, but do they mention money in any Utd build up games

Had Sky Sports News on for about 5 mins yesterday. They mentioned Super Sunday, Spurs v Chelsea, runners up v Champions, then said Monday night, Big spenders City v Everton.Okay, we have both spent big, but do they mention money in any Utd build up games

No because all their money is earned apparently and they promote youth from their famous academy.

I'm upset, Frank.

BBC.

20170819_073941.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.