Van hits crowd in Barcelona

Yes, but not really about the soul of islam. We did, however take sides by aligning ourselves with the house of Saud, the political promoters of wahabism, but that was due to ignorance as much as strategy.

We sure did align ourselves with them and we sure were and still are ignorant for continuing to go along with it!

Well at least we agree on something!

Im sure we would agree on a lot of things, hence why as two unique human beings of many unique human beings we are not chasing each other through the streets on a daily basis trying to blow each other up or stab each other!

Any religious person who thinks doing good things gets them to heaven is misguided and wrong.

Likewise I wonder in the cold light of day, if a terrorist really thinks things through, I wonder how many think God really wants them to kill innocent people let alone women and children.

That's one of the main principles of every religion. Do good things and you get into heaven.

I really don't understand how you're saying it isn't.

Well I'm guessing they have thought it through and have come to the conclusion God wants them to do. They often kill themselves at the same time, that surely takes a lot of thought.

These religious suicide terrorists must be radical yet stupid consequentialists then. I mean, the self deception needed to go out and kill as many people as you're able in the belief that it is some sort of winning strategy against the tide must entail a consequentialist outlook. Dying for the cause and such. In their eyes it is noble, like the flaming monks perhaps.

That's one of the main principles of every religion. Do good things and you get into heaven.

I really don't understand how you're saying it isn't.

Well I'm guessing they have thought it through and have come to the conclusion God wants them to do. They often kill themselves at the same time, that surely takes a lot of thought.
Not for Christianity it isn't. Good works
could and should result from becoming a Christian. But nowhere in the Bible does it say good works equals getting to heaven.

Not for Christianity it isn't. Good works
could and should result from becoming a Christian. But nowhere in the Bible does it say good works equals getting to heaven.

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. ...

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Christianity teaches you should practice what you preach and there's many more examples to the above. As I said, they think someone is watching.

Social justice warriors strike again. Hate speech is wrong. Having an opinion contry to the opinion of other people is not wrong. Freedom if speech is our most important liberty. Just because YOU do not agree with what somebody has to say or find an opinion uncomfrotable, does not make it HATESPEECH. Who is the higher authority, whos judgement dictates what and what is not a "valid" opinion. We live in a modern free country. Please do not let a place like this become repressed, controlled single policy community. I abhore Hatespeech as you do and I will not tolerate it and challenge it when I see it. As stated before however, SIMPLY demanding a person is banned because you disagree with their voice, or DO NOT understand their voice is disgraceful. Shame.
Hear hear.

We're here, sadly yet again, discussing islamist terrorism. There have been innumerable discussions on this same
depressing topic and what appears to happen each and every time whenever anyone gets close to the fundamental problems
that apply to the religion in question, eventually someone will throw in 'You can't stigmatise 2.2 billion people,' or 'The vast
majority of muslims are peaceable people,' a fact that ,I'm sure, each of us on here are perfectly cognisant of.
Nowhere on this thread, to my knowledge, has anyone ever blamed the entire world population of muslims for the all
too frequent attacks being witnessed, yet it's always used to shut down discussion, and then we get the usual suspects
asking for the board controller to ban people who appear to have approached the topic from an angle that the recipients of
the posts take exception to.
There is now, no other comparable group on earth perpetrating these heinous acts in the numbers that we're seeing, these murderers
infect virtually every country in Europe, have very large adherents in Africa, namely Nigeria, Sudan, Eritrea, Kenya and more.
There are large groups in Indonesia and the far east, in fact, very few major population centres on earth, with the
possible exception of China, are free of them.
Isis itself attracted more than 1500 from Britain alone, yet we're constantly told that the problem is down to a very tiny number;
in fact, the numbers are very large indeed,
not in relation to the numbers of muslim faith, agreed, but this constant comparison
to the worldwide followers in terms of percentages is now becoming hackneyed, and folk are getting tired of being told
that they're islamaphobes (whatever that is), by simply stating uncomfortable truths.
Hate speech is vilifying the whole demographic as terrorist sympathisers, and I for one most certainly hate this type,
we all have muslim friends and colleagues, nobody wants people or mosques attacked or for our fellow Brits to feel
intimidated or threatened, and thankfully, it rarely does, but denial of facts, like those produced in Phillips' report
certainly won't help matters.
China has the Uighurs so it is affected. As you can imagine, because of China's internal security policies, the Uighurs aren't often our of line there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.