United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has little to do with Matic. Pogba was very good last season (the negative comments here notwithstanding) and he seems to be rounding into superstar form this season. Matic will help when they play other top teams, but right now he is just another big body. Not much different to bigbrush.

Pogba is special. Lukaku is on a confidence high, at some point that will break. Martial is my real worry. If he keeps playing at that level, then they will eventually have a 4 headed attacking monster with Rashford and Martial on the wings with Lukaku up top and Pogba just behind next to Mkt or Mata. That is a very strong front 5 or 6 when confident.

I still think their weakness is defense. RB is older and noticeable slower. LB is good on the ball but a poor defender. And Jones is error prone. SO they have 1 true defender and a great keeper. But unfortunately, they don't play open football against other top clubs. You can expect both Matic and Bigbrush starting in the middle with Pogba agains t other top teams.

It is a winning formula. Attack the small teams with your speed strength and t talent and then bully the top teams with your size and compactness. If they play it right, they'll be in the running come May.

We just need that confidence to break soon and Lukaku to return to been a poor first touch striker.
Agree about your comments about their defence and Lukaku. Valencia is nothing special good going forward but average defensively. Bailly is an excellent defender and Jones always as you say has a mistake in him.

Disagree about Pogba, he is a good player no doubt but lacks the brain to be world class. His passing is sometimes erratic and he is too selfish.

Went to golf yesterday after watching just up to before the second goal.

They didn't look particularly good more Swansea were awful. The potential double yellow for Carlton was the break they needed.

Talkragshite and Fivelive were in full wankfest mode. Ah well 36 more games to go I'm thinking of retuning my season card as there's apparently no point in even playing now.

They will be bland and average playing defensively most games and hope for the counter attacking goal (which will be claimed as exiting attacking football) more of their game will be 1 goal games last week and yesterday the 2 amd 3 late goal respectively have let the media exagerate how good they are ( which isn't that great).

Basically they will bore and grind themselves into the top 3 and with dodgy decission may have a tilt at the title, but they are shite compared to us, chelsea (if they get their shit together) and spurs.

Has little to do with Matic. Pogba was very good last season (the negative comments here notwithstanding) and he seems to be rounding into superstar form this season. Matic will help when they play other top teams, but right now he is just another big body. Not much different to bigbrush.

Pogba is special. Lukaku is on a confidence high, at some point that will break. Martial is my real worry. If he keeps playing at that level, then they will eventually have a 4 headed attacking monster with Rashford and Martial on the wings with Lukaku up top and Pogba just behind next to Mkt or Mata. That is a very strong front 5 or 6 when confident.

I still think their weakness is defense. RB is older and noticeable slower. LB is good on the ball but a poor defender. And Jones is error prone. SO they have 1 true defender and a great keeper. But unfortunately, they don't play open football against other top clubs. You can expect both Matic and Bigbrush starting in the middle with Pogba agains t other top teams.

It is a winning formula. Attack the small teams with your speed strength and t talent and then bully the top teams with your size and compactness. If they play it right, they'll be in the running come May.

We just need that confidence to break soon and Lukaku to return to been a poor first touch striker.

Absolutely a top post Dax and I concur totally. Mino has played a massive part and been paid handsomely. My hope was as follows -

- Real got DDG
- Martial grew disillusioned with Mou
- Chelsea got Lukaku .....what went wrong there & why sell them Matic albeit he is 29

I agree the defence is still not good enough especially at FB, not good enough to win EPL

Given the state of the transfer market, if Pogba develops into the player we know he can be, he'll be a snip at £89 million

Pogba has never been a bad player, he's a luxury player. He was carried at Juve by Vidal and Pirlo in terms of the all round midfielder work - something that was exposed when he didn't have that cover and when he first moved to United.

He's exceptionally good every one in three games presuming that you build your team around the weaknesses that he gives you. He's essentially 13/14 Yaya Toure in that respect.

Agree about your comments about their defence and Lukaku. Valencia is nothing special good going forward but average defensively. Bailly is an excellent defender and Jones always as you say has a mistake in him.

Disagree about Pogba, he is a good player no doubt but lacks the brain to be world class. His passing is sometimes erratic and he is too selfish.
I fear Pogba may become the same type of player Toure was in his heyday, if that's the case they'll go very close to the title as he has the attributes.

You think the weakness in a Mourinho team is the defence?!? They conceded the 2nd least amount of goals last season and they'll be in & an around that area again. 54 goals was their weakness and there is no way in hell Jose is allowing that to happen again, if you look at his teams statistics in full PL seasons they never fail to score under 70 goals. 2015/16 was a massive anamoly for Mourinho, it won't happen again. They are title favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.