Security

Its asking for trouble to launch this at an evening ko game. If, 10 mins before kick off, there are huge queues at some entrances and small queues at the adjacent entrance, there's going to be a lot of disgruntled fans.

What's the betting they don't have anyone or any sign to tell people this is happening?Most people won't have read that security email and others will not have looked at their card so there could be people in a queue for 15 minutes who get to the gate and are turned away to queue for another 15 minutes. If they're actually trying to use the card in the gate and can't, what will that do for queues? Or you have someone at the end of each queue telling people to look at their card and go to that much longer queue next door - that's a nice job to have.

Most people just use the gate they reach first. The queues are self-regulating (because others look for the shortest).

This has all the hallmarks of a cups for cock-ups special. How will it help "security"? Unless there's some big brother face recognition scheme in mind.

How about the radical idea of opening the turnstiles a bit earlier. They normally only open about 1hr before kick off, why not open them 2 hrs before and give each person who goes in early (in the first hour) a discount on a couple of beers/soft drinks/hot drinks. They could even do the discount using your season pass/ticket that is scanned at the turnstiles to show those who have entered early and stop people abusing the system, a bit like what they do at the airport when you buy duty free.
I know this doesn't help those that are not finishing work until 5/6pm but it might encorage people to go in earlier and reduce the mad rush 20 min before kick off.

The-Etihad-stadium-Manchester.jpg

Honest question on the pic above why can the club not put up an inner fence on the yellow brick line just before the spirals which is basically massive exit gates and tonnes of turnstiles (if I was any good at drawing I would probably explain it better that way).
you could probably have lets say where P an Q has 8 turnstiles for entry to SS levels now we could get10-15 on an inner fence in that area

You go through and are then still out side but have a area now that could have extra bars and also people could smoke in the flesh air not poluting the toilets, also extra space/smoking area at half time amd buying food/drink.

The only arguments against could be
  1. that you now have access to all levels, but honestly you are gonna go to your seat not try and jib in anywhere else.
  2. less room btween the roadside perimiter fence and tgis new inner fence may be a safety issue with queues, but shirley if you could tripps the turnstile number queues would dissapear amd security checks would be faster.
  3. Some parts are disabled parking, well fence it sensible to not affect that.
  4. logically it doesn't work, probably true assomeone must have thought of this before and dismissed it.
Maybeit's a shite idea but it is a bit wank now with reduced entrances

The-Etihad-stadium-Manchester.jpg

Honest question on the pic above why can the club not put up an inner fence on the yellow brick line just before the spirals which is basically massive exit gates and tonnes of turnstiles (if I was any good at drawing I would probably explain it better that way).
you could probably have lets say where P an Q has 8 turnstiles for entry to SS levels now we could get10-15 on an inner fence in that area

You go through and are then still out side but have a area now that could have extra bars and also people could smoke in the flesh air not poluting the toilets, also extra space/smoking area at half time amd buying food/drink.

The only arguments against could be
  1. that you now have access to all levels, but honestly you are gonna go to your seat not try and jib in anywhere else.
  2. less room btween the roadside perimiter fence and tgis new inner fence may be a safety issue with queues, but shirley if you could tripps the turnstile number queues would dissapear amd security checks would be faster.
  3. Some parts are disabled parking, well fence it sensible to not affect that.
  4. logically it doesn't work, probably true assomeone must have thought of this before and dismissed it.
Maybeit's a shite idea but it is a bit wank now with reduced entrances
The Allianz Arena in Munich has something similar to your proposal, the turnstiles are built into an outer perimeter wall and then there's a wide external concourse before you get to the stadium itself.

How about the radical idea of opening the turnstiles a bit earlier. They normally only open about 1hr before kick off, why not open them 2 hrs before and give each person who goes in early (in the first hour) a discount on a couple of beers/soft drinks/hot drinks. They could even do the discount using your season pass/ticket that is scanned at the turnstiles to show those who have entered early and stop people abusing the system, a bit like what they do at the airport when you buy duty free.
I know this doesn't help those that are not finishing work until 5/6pm but it might encorage people to go in earlier and reduce the mad rush 20 min before kick off.

It's a good idea and one that I know Everton for example has implemented in terms of discounts on food for early arrivers.

I expect the people who take advantage of the offer would be the ones who already get there early. It would have to be a really tempting offer to pursuade those who currently get to the stadium 15 mins before ko to leave the pub or Summerbee Bar nearly 1-2 hours earlier.

Stopping selling drinks in the summerbee bar half an hour before ko might help, but I can't see that happening!

Regarding your discount for early arrivers tomorrow night,have you seen the announcement on the cityzens webpage about this,they are offering 10% of food and beveriges on orders over £10.here is the full message,it applies to all games just not tomorrow v everton

"
Seasoncard holders and Matchday Cityzens can now get 10% off all purchases when spending £10 or more on food and beverage at the Etihad Stadium. This offer is valid at all official kiosks on home matchdays across all competitions throughout the 17/18 season.

All you have to do is present your Seasoncard or Cityzens Matchday card to the member of staff serving you."

Maybe this needs a new thread to let everyone know about this ?

The beer is shite would need to up the refreshments on offer veriety wise to get people in longer having a couple before when they can be in the NQ or town and be at the ground within 15 mins also then once in those who smoke have an extra couple of hours without a tab

The beer is shite would need to up the refreshments on offer veriety wise to get people in longer having a couple before when they can be in the NQ or town and be at the ground within 15 mins also then once in those who smoke have an extra couple of hours without a tab
Agree about the beer mate and as regards smokers well you cannot please everyone but just thought it might help a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.