United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
a team of one leged ploders would look fit against an unfit west ham and swansea, the proof of the point is the amount of late goals conceded by them in the two games, uniteds fitness will be at peak as they were in the states a week before us and had that late fixture was it the supercup or something, but yes when the chumps lge kicks in and suspensions etc i have no doubt there going to struggle a little, top 4 yes champions NO

Suspensions and the rags?

Are you sure?

just read peg's quote post game - what an absolute tosser, talks about ' let the horses run freely ' he has been here long enough to learn the word donkey. What an eye gouging loathsome twat he is....allegedly

There's nothing alleged about it.

We've all seen the photo with his finger in Vilanova's eye.

As for the twat bit, well, we all know that's true as well.

Potentially, but don't believe the hype,
Matic was abysmal for 75 mins today, his progressive passing was piss poor and he looked slow as fuck against a very average Swansea side
The media won't let you know about that, as United are clinical at the moment and had the game mopped up with another flurry of late goals, but the 10 mins swansea dominated for at the 70 min mark will result in goals against a half decent side
Pogba and Matic got slapped about the park for 90 minutes by a top class madrid side last week, and we will do the same

People are shaking in fear at a side who have just done what we knew they/Lukaku would do; pump the cannon fodder.

I am enjoying this. It makes it better for us when we play them.
Mourinho goes into big games and if there is a 50/50 chance they may lose like away to us, chelsea, liverpool etc he will revert to type and bolt those 'horses' right fucking down to play for the draw
The more they believe their own hype, the chances are he may get ahead of himself and think we can take us on

Nah, sorry. IF we are at it, there is only one winner. Have the fucking big basketball bullies and athletic talentless thugs in your side all you want, but the ball moves faster than any fucker on the pitch and we move it quicker than anyone else in this country.
Bookmark their giddy comments now and come back to it when they cant get the ball off us next month

You write extremely well for a four year-old.

;-)

I can't help if you're absolutely stupid - think you know more than me and the bookies?... well , the odds posted offer just the opportunity to prove your intellect. Go on, place your bet.

And as the proverb says - your money will be soon departed.
=================
And to make this crystal clear - which shouldn't be necessary to an intellectual giant like you - but just for the common folk who may be following this thread -
I agree with the bookies - We are favorite to win the title - but United are very strong. Any slip up may cost us.

Last edited:
We are two games in ffs. They struggled to break Swansea down for 80 mins....

Let's see what happens when they play decent sides

There are not a quality side, against top 6 you need wins if u want to win the title, I don't see them beating the good teams. Said it before and I'll say it again they will struggle to get top 4.

Agree about your comments about their defence and Lukaku. Valencia is nothing special good going forward but average defensively. Bailly is an excellent defender and Jones always as you say has a mistake in him.

Disagree about Pogba, he is a good player no doubt but lacks the brain to be world class. His passing is sometimes erratic and he is too selfish.

Pogba will never be anything close Yaya Toure, Yaya was one of the greatest midfielder ever, there may never another player like him again.Pogba lacks the brains as you said. I've seen a lot of him and I am 100% sure he will never be world class. He will never dominate and run big games. It is usually the opposite, he disappears, annoymous in the CL final and in the Euros for France, nothing special. He is not good enough defensively to play in a 2 man midfield, it doesn't suit him and never will.

The idea that Matic will release him is propaganda. It might work against West Ham and Swansea but I'd be surprised if PEG plays Matic and Pogba alone in midfield against the better teams.

Pogba is the most expensive midfielder in the world and isn't even in the top 10 in his position.

Thier bench is so average which is something many overlook. Their bench last match reads: Herrera, Martial, Smalling, Lidelof, Fellaini, Lingard, Romero. This is very average. Very far from a title winning bench. When the games start coming and they play 3 a week they will begin to struggle. Who replaces Lukaku? They have no replacement. PEG never rotates, the players will suffer from fatigue.

Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. Must be filled with rags. They will not be title contenders not even close.

There are not a quality side, against top 6 you need wins if u want to win the title, I don't see them beating the good teams. Said it before and I'll say it again they will struggle to get top 4.

Pogba will never be anything close Yaya Toure, Yaya was one of the greatest midfielder ever, there may never another player like him again.Pogba lacks the brains as you said. I've seen a lot of him and I am 100% sure he will never be world class. He will never dominate and run big games. It is usually the opposite, he disappears, annoymous in the CL final and in the Euros for France, nothing special. He is not good enough defensively to play in a 2 man midfield, it doesn't suit him and never will.

The idea that Matic will release him is propaganda. It might work against West Ham and Swansea but I'd be surprised if PEG plays Matic and Pogba alone in midfield against the better teams.

Pogba is the most expensive midfielder in the world and isn't even in the top 10 in his position.

Thier bench is so average which is something many overlook. Their bench last match reads: Herrera, Martial, Smalling, Lidelof, Fellaini, Lingard, Romero. This is very average. Very far from a title winning bench. When the games start coming and they play 3 a week they will begin to struggle. Who replaces Lukaku? They have no replacement. PEG never rotates, the players will suffer from fatigue.

Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. Must be filled with rags. They will not be title contenders not even close.
I really can't see why you don't think that the Scum will be very strong against the top 6 in the EPL.

For me (and the bookies) - they have the second strongest side.

Pogba is a bit of an enigma - hugely talented - but often unable to display his talent on the field in a consistent basis - nonetheless a wildcard who at times will lead the Scum to victory - 2nd best player in world football as his transfer fee suggests - no way in hell. Again, wildly inconsistent.

Bench might not be particularly deep as you point out - but Martial remains a bit of a wild card - will he be world class - I think not. Will he sometimes produce magic leading to a goal - clearly so.
==========
Anyhow, the Scum are strong, and their manger knows how to grind out points - they will be our biggest title contenders IMO.

Last edited:
I really can't see why you don't think that the Scum will be very strong against the top 6 in the EPL.

For me (and the bookies) - they have the second strongest side.

Pogba is a bit of an enigma - hugely talented - but often unable to display his talent on the field in a consistent basis - nonetheless a wildcard who at times will lead the Scum to victory - 2nd best player in world football as his transfer fee suggests - no way in hell. Again, wildly inconsistent.

Bench might not be particularly deep as you point out - but Martial remains a bit of a wild card - will he be world class - I think not. Will he sometimes produce magic leading to a goal - clearly so.
==========
Anyhow, the Scum are strong and will be our biggest title contenders IMO.

I just don't see it, the quality is missing, Pogba goes missing in the big games and Lukaku has a terrible record against top sides so yes I do think they will struggle to win against top 6. PEG won't go out there and play an attacking formation, you won't see Matic and Pogba with 3 attacking midfielders. I am confident he will play Herrera, Matic and Pogba. He will set us defensivly and look to get a goal from a set piece or pure luck, this is not a winning strategy, yes it sometimes work and they'll win games like that. Long term it is not the answer. This is why they won't challenge. It worked for Chelsea because they had one game a week and had world class Hazard, Costa in the form of his life, and no injuries to their main players. It worked for Leicester before that because they had one game a week, Vardy and Mahrez in top, top form and Kante cleaning everything up along with all other top sides just not being good enough, it was an anonamly that will probably never happen again.

Rags do not have any world class attackers, and have European football so no they won't be challenging for the title. They bought Lindelof, Matic, and Lukaku. A worse window than last year when again most pundits had them as favorites, they finished 6th, and had the easiest draw in what was the worst Europa League in years and again struggled against Celta Vigo and Anderecht, they needed ref help to beat Southampton in the league cup final and only got that far because we played our reserves against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.