Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true.

In the case of Stones, it should have been a no-brainer when he was at Barnsley. Sign him up, loan him back, save £40 mill down the line.

I'd also have gone for Robertson as the second left back and Maguire wasn't an unknown when Leicester picked him up.

I've got nothing against Evans, just don't think he's a good buy at the price we might end up paying.

We clearly needed another CB and I find it hard to understand why we left it to the Name Your Price stage of the window to deal with it.

I know it's not my money (although I've been priced out of Sky, who are part fuelling the craziness) but transfer fees are just getting beyond insanity, especially since Neymar.

Even a month ago any talk of Evans being a £25 mill player would have been deservedly met with cries of 'Nurse!'

But I guess I'm just getting old. I'm from the '£200k for Martin Peters!!!' Generation.

Just imagine what King Colin would fetch nowadays.
To quote a certain credit card advert: Priceless.

Very true.

In the case of Stones, it should have been a no-brainer when he was at Barnsley. Sign him up, loan him back, save £40 mill down the line.

I'd also have gone for Robertson as the second left back and Maguire wasn't an unknown when Leicester picked him up.

I've got nothing against Evans, just don't think he's a good buy at the price we might end up paying.

We clearly needed another CB and I find it hard to understand why we left it to the Name Your Price stage of the window to deal with it.

I know it's not my money (although I've been priced out of Sky, who are part fuelling the craziness) but transfer fees are just getting beyond insanity, especially since Neymar.

Even a month ago any talk of Evans being a £25 mill player would have been deservedly met with cries of 'Nurse!'

But I guess I'm just getting old. I'm from the '£200k for Martin Peters!!!' Generation.

Just imagine what King Colin would fetch nowadays.
Can you point to the post you made about signing Stones, before he signed for neverton,what with it being a no brainer and all that?

West Bromwich Albion's bosses have sanctioned the purchase of Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer for a fee of £15m. (Source: SkySports)

Welcome to Manchester Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.