Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal really struggling already. Let's get 6 points on the board and start putting some pressure on the player - if he wants to win things this year then he's at the wrong club.

If true, surely that's a bit short sighted. £50m+ and they'll let it go, plus his wages. Fair play to them, but he had a great season last year and they finished outside the top four, so I can't see what difference he'll make by staying.
I'd keep him, if I were them. Replacing him next season will be a bit easier if they're top 4. As they finished one point behind the dippers and three behind us, Spuds have got Wembley and Chelsea seem to be in meltdown, there's not a huge amount needed for them to get back in.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not the Sanchez deal goes through - Arsenal are not a top 4 contender this year IMO due in some part to Wenger's unwillingness to push for spending (the larger portion of blame lies with ownership).

Ownership cares about profit - so... I rather think that they'll sell Sanchez to us - otherwise they get zero when Alexis goes on a freebie.

70m is a lot but he's worth 160m+ in normal circumstances given Liverpool have turned down 110m for Coutinho who is inferior. I wouldn't mind even if we paid 70m to be honest although I do think it should be done at 60m. He is exactly what we need and his pressing is top notch.

Sanchez either scored or assisted about half of Arsenal's league goals last season despite being ran into the ground. This is overlooked IMO.

Interesting.

When is the traveling squad released for the Liverpool game, I think it's the day before, August 26th. So we would know by then. The rumors are heating up, I imagine we are totally focused on the Everton match and will make an official bid right after it and brief the press about it, putting even more pressure on Arsenal.

If this transfer were to happen then you would think that there is 7 days to actually press hard to buy him but that would seriously leave us short if we dont have a back up but from what has all ready been said its Sanchez or mbappe or no one its going to be pretty tight going into this week coming.

You'd have to think we'd see movement on this soon.arsenal can't wait until the last day and not be able to replace him.

If this transfer were to happen then you would think that there is 7 days to actually press hard to buy him but that would seriously leave us short if we dont have a back up but from what has all ready been said its Sanchez or mbappe or no one its going to be pretty tight going into this week coming.

I think City are so confident in getting Sanchez that there is no back up. He is perfect for us.

We and everyone else knows that Arsenal will sell. Whether they choose to sell at 50m, 60m or 70m at the end of the day they will always sell. That is the bottom line and I imagine City are willling to pay the extra 10m or 20m that it will take to bring him here. He is a player that will make us real CL contenders so when we win the PL title and possibly another trophy or two, even 20m extra will be seen as insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.