Are City bad at selling?

We are not very good at selling , mainly due to the contracts we had to hand out to attract class players to our club when Sheik Mansour bought the club , but i am still watching probably the best football in the UK and not paying an arm and a leg for it ,(unlike some supporters of other clubs) , so it doesnt concern me that our transfer deficit is equivalent to 3rd world debt , its not my money.

Is it even possible to be bad at selling? You can only put an asking price up. If that is not acceptable, then the market rules doesnt it?

Can't be arsed reading the thread. I take it someone has mentioned the ridiculous wages we've been paying some players which has a knock on effect to their selling price?

Done alright this summer tbf. Kelechi at 25 million is brilliant money imo considering he was just an impact player. Got moderate fees for surplus players like Fernando, Kolarov and Nolito

Also I don't like the ethics of it but the stacking up of young players and farming them on loan across Europe seems to be working, 12 million for Unal, 10 million Mooy etc

We still do struggle though as I cant of many club who continually sign players for 30 million and then struggle to even get a penny back e.g Mangala

I was surprised by the fee for Kelechi. Whilst he could score goals and is a right place, right time sort of player, I thought his all round game was really lacking. His progress was a big disappointment for me. Is he injured? Don't think he featured for Leicester yesterday

Can't be arsed reading the thread. I take it someone has mentioned the ridiculous wages we've been paying some players which has a knock on effect to their selling price?
4th highest wages and only £3M/year more than 5th placed Arsenal. Nasri is the last one surplus to requirements on a fat basic.

Putting an end to the policy where we stop loaning expensive recruits/ important players at one time with an option to buy would be a good start and as already pointed out by poster tim of oak that not making obvious to the market that players we wish to move are surplus to our requirements unlike chelsea. Just this season we loaned out hart who is a good enough player who we could have sold for 8 -10m + but we ended up loaning him which was ridiculous.
However a change in our transfer policy since last season will reap the rewards in future where we have bought young players and if a club wants them we can ask for asking price of our choice.

With a few exceptions, I believe we are.

For instance, if Mangala were a Chelsea, Tottenham, United or Liverpool player, I believe they would all recuperate at least twice what we will end up getting.

In my view, he's a superior player to Sakho, who Liverpool reportedly want £30m for.

With a few exceptions, I believe we are.

For instance, if Mangala were a Chelsea, Tottenham, United or Liverpool player, I believe they would all recuperate at least twice what we will end up getting.

In my view, he's a superior player to Sakho, who Liverpool reportedly want £30m for.
But Sakho had a good season last year whereas Mangala was pretty meh at Valencia so it's obvious why Sakho would go for more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.