Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have done our homework and we still have Tosin who makes it 5. I cannot possibly imagine City have just pulled Evans out of the hat. I have 2 football agents as clients and both have told me of a company like OPTA who keep unbelievably detailed stats on every professional player in the world. Players can be graded & cross referenced down to the finest detail which gives clubs an indication of what a player's like before they take the time to monitor & scout them.

Trust me, we will have every available metric available on Evans and he must have been identified as our best option for the money. Last season we concentrated on the forward line, & this season it's the defence, but obviously Sanchez & Mbappe have forced us to make provisions for their availability, meaning we've probably had to lower our sights with the CB position based on the assumption that VK's fitness problems with his calves are over.

Either way, I seriously cannot see our club have done what we have this summer without it being a part of a bigger plan.

Fair enough up to a point and you might well be correct on your last point about a bigger plan. However, surely every signing in recent years has been subject to the same detailed OPTA metrics, yet some have turned out shit. Why? Probably because metrics - although extremely useful - still leave a lot untold. And then there's the chemistry: fitting in with team mates, manager and the system.

I keep clicking on this page in the hope City have said fuck it too much :(
Was hoping that would be the rumoured embargoed transfer news that was supposed to break at 10:30pm tonight.
Sadly, as I wrìte, it seem the whole sorry episode is still ongoing and has yet to go completely tits up :-(

Pep mentioned in his presser that we "only have 3 CB's" and looking to sign another....seems like Evans could be our last signing of the summer, if Arsenal not willing to let Sanchez go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.