Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is comfortable about a 77th minute score to win on away goals?
I mean by watching the games you could see the gulf in quality

Thought we were quite fortunate to win at the etihad as they bossed most of that match. Either way the point I'm making is that prem isn't as strong as people make out.

Thought we were quite fortunate to win at the etihad as they bossed most of that match. Either way the point I'm making is that prem isn't as strong as people make out.

I don't disagree with your larger point, and they definitely bossed us at times, but they still managed to concede six over the two games and completely shat themselves there for awhile in the second half at the Etihad.

It's a much stronger league though, in the sense of being more competitive. The Scottish league has only 1 potential winner at the moment. The French league the same this season I suspect, though occasionally another team such as Monaco might put up a challenge for a season or 2 before their team gets broken up. The premier league is a much more difficult league to win.

Thought we were quite fortunate to win at the etihad
Sorry but that's bollocks, they were completely and utterly fucked after 60 minutes, we battered them the last 30 mins and should have scored more, it was never 'comfortable' for them. Football is a 90 minute game, no good being CL material for 60 minutes, then Unibond League for 30. They only went through because of that ridiculous high line we decided to play for their free kick.

Sorry but that's bollocks, they were completely and utterly fucked after 60 minutes, we battered them the last 30 mins and should have scored more, it was never 'comfortable' for them. Football is a 90 minute game, no good being CL material for 60 minutes, then Unibond League for 30. They only went through because of that ridiculous high line we decided to play for their free kick.
Yes that free kick cost us but the main problem was Peps tactics in the 1st half of the away leg that cost us big time. 1 pivot DM constantly outnumbered and fullbacks being pissed on. KDB dropped deeper second half and we were lots better. I saw it after 5 minutes. Quite why it took Pep a further 40 minutes to sort it out was beyond me.

PSG sign Mbappe means they need to sell someone. They cant bench both Di Maria and Draxler and I would love to sign one of them for our roster

And last year we have been eliminated by the french champions and unable to beat the scottisch ones. We should be a bit more humble we are not as good as we think.
Spot on, just because we have Pep doesn't mean we're a top top side.
Crowing when we've achieved nothing is a bit foolish

Spot on, just because we have Pep doesn't mean we're a top top side.
Crowing when we've achieved nothing is a bit foolish

I don't think anybody was crowing. They were just pointing out that the French and Scottish leagues aren't the best and aren't really very competitive, which is true. That doesn't mean there can't be one or 2 very good teams in those leagues but on the whole they aren't anywhere near as competitive as the premier league.

I really struggle to get why people in England think the premiership is so far ahead of all the other leagues. The english sides have done fuck all in the CL for a quite a while and the likes of Southampton and West Ham were knocked out of Europe by teams from Israel and Romania.

On Mpappe if PSG get him then its either them or Madrid for the CL
There is a competitiveness in the Prem that the other leagues don't have. It has the highest percentage of late goals and lower sides beating top sides than any other league. I think it is the best league. But, indeed, that doesn't mean it has the best teams. We are dealt with or struggle to get past [on a regular basis] by utter average sides around Europe (not just City but all our sides in Europe over the past five years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.