Ben Gibson

Gibson or Alderweireld instead of Evans would both be a better choice.
We need somebody that can organise if Kompany goes down, doubt that's Gibson, Alderweield won't move this summer, a good shout for next summer, or Lucas Hernandez to replace Otamendi.Evans is Kolarov's replacement, no more than that.

Gonna repost this as I haven't seen much of Gibson myself, Is only young and could improve I guess, but something to bare in mind.
I get all that but do you think Evans will all that in a high line.
It looks to me that Evans unfortunately ticks a lot of boxes.
Left footed, can cover left back.
Homegrown.
Experience and a leader apparently.
Most importantly he will be better with Stones when Vinny is rested.
The fact that Otamendi can't play with Stones is the reason we are looking at Evans.
Otamendi will be sold next summer and a top quality Ch will be brought in that can play with Stonesy and bring his game on.imo.
I like John Stones a lot but we overpaid for a player still learning his trade.

I get all that but do you think Evans will all that in a high line.
It looks to me that Evans unfortunately ticks a lot of boxes.
Left footed, can cover left back.
Homegrown.
Experience and a leader apparently.
Most importantly he will be better with Stones when Vinny is rested.
The fact that Otamendi can't play with Stones is the reason we are looking at Evans.
Otamendi will be sold next summer and a top quality Ch will be brought in that can play with Stonesy and bring his game on.imo.
I like John Stones a lot but we overpaid for a player still learning his trade.

Yeh we must think he will be able to play that line. Don't really have any thoughts on Evans him except that he has improved at WBA but time will tell if he comes in and plays well fair play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.