Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean by watching the games you could see the gulf in quality

Thought we were quite fortunate to win at the etihad as they bossed most of that match. Either way the point I'm making is that prem isn't as strong as people make out.
How can a team boss a match and concede 5 goals? The City v Monaco tie turned out to be very close but even though there was some fantastic football I felt disappointed to go out to them as I thought it was a tie we should have won. The top Premierhsip sides are below the leading clubs in Europe. Technically the best football is played in La Liga but the Premier League has great depth which is what the other leagues lack.

How can a team boss a match and concede 5 goals? The City v Monaco tie turned out to be very close but even though there was some fantastic football I felt disappointed to go out to them as I thought it was a tie we should have won. The top Premierhsip sides are below the leading clubs in Europe. Technically the best football is played in La Liga but the Premier League has great depth which is what the other leagues lack.
I've been guilty of saying other leagues lack depth. But recently heard it put another way. The teams at the top of the Spanish and other leagues are just better than the teams at the top of our league, as seen in the C/ l . So they beat the teams they should more often than our top teams, though not always as Girona showed at the weekend.
For example a mid table Spanish team may not be worse than West Brom but when Madrid play them its easier because Madrid are better than our champions Chelsea.

I mean by watching the games you could see the gulf in quality

Thought we were quite fortunate to win at the etihad as they bossed most of that match. Either way the point I'm making is that prem isn't as strong as people make out.
You need to watch the game at the Etihad again. Gulf in quality my arse.

Monaco were out on their feet in that 2nd half over there. We should have been 3 or 4 up by the time they scored. There was very little difference between the sides, both great going forward, both terrible at the back.

The only reason Monaco got through, was defensive howlers by Stones & Otamendi & a shocking refereeing decision.

Otherwise City were the best team by a decent margin. Monaco great on the break with a few exceptional individual performances. And as you say, they were dead on their feet chasing us.

We fucked up, is why we went out. Not Monaco being superior. We should have gone through by several goals.

There's a point in business when you have to concede that the numbers just do not stack up or make sense. At that point you walk away & it seems we are now at that point.
As much as I'd love him here I just can't see how the deal is any good for City as a business (like it or not we are a business) & if the above is true then I'm glad we've walked away.

If indeed this is true and we have moved away from Mbappe, let's go all in for Sanchez and one of VVD or Alderweireld.
It makes more sense at the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.