Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my only worry is if we leave it till the last possible day and don't bring Sanchez in.

Then, the time surely has to be now.
There's a lot to get done on Arsenal's and PSG's side (Draxler sale maybe) for them to get their respective replacements.
It seems that Southampton have identified a CB replacement, so let's piss Liverpool off and go for Van Dijk.

The only reason Monaco got through, was defensive howlers by Stones & Otamendi & a shocking refereeing decision.

Otherwise City were the best team by a decent margin. Monaco great on the break with a few exceptional individual performances. And as you say, they were dead on their feet chasing us.

We fucked up, is why we went out. Not Monaco being superior. We should have gone through by several goals.

That's how I saw it too. We totally outplayed Monaco but couldn't stop them scoring through out own fragility. We were the better team by some distance.

Then, the time surely has to be now.
There's a lot to get done on Arsenal's and PSG's side (Draxler sale maybe) for them to get their respective replacements.
It seems that Southampton have identified a CB replacement, so let's piss Liverpool off and go for Van Dijk.

On VVD Southampton said they don't want to be a selling club now so he will stay, how true that is will be seen. Just going off Pep in the Press Conference, saying Sane would be used along with Jesus and Aguero up top, makes me think theres no Plan B after Mbappe / Sanchez, hope i'm wrong and City have plans but hard to see it.

I'd love Alderweireld but maybe its too late however I think they are linked with another CB also.

The only reason Monaco got through, was defensive howlers by Stones & Otamendi & a shocking refereeing decision.

Otherwise City were the best team by a decent margin. Monaco great on the break with a few exceptional individual performances. And as you say, they were dead on their feet chasing us.

We fucked up, is why we went out. Not Monaco being superior. We should have gone through by several goals.

true, but if the referee hadn't cheated at the Etihad we could have buried them by half-time in the first leg. That, after every decision against us in the league, started that same frantic panic mentality that led us to self-destruct in the Chelsea game.

Mentality is key, and we lacked it so many times last season. Brighton wasn't hugely better (missing sitters in front of goal), we need a complete change in how we deal with those situations, but most importantly not get ourselves into them by taking our chances early at the other end.

It is interesting to hear we may lose out on this one due to wages and not transfer fee.

If I was Mbappe and I wish I was! If I was being sold for £150 million + I would not expect to be getting 100K (I believe this is only 20K more then Delph gets and that Kolarov was on 90K, nowhere near £150 million players). I would expect to be on parity with the highest earners Aguero, Silva, etc. Simply due to the size of the transfer fee, if I am worth that much to be brought then surely I must be worth x amount to be paid.

For City I can see why this is an issue as really we want him around the salary level of our high potential players such as Jesus, Sane etc. If we start paying high potential players the same as our stars that would not be good, so I fully understand our stance. However this deal would probably be percentage wise the lowest annual salary compared to that of the transfer fee then any deal done this summer. It's the equvilent of someone being brought for £15 million and earning £10,000 a week or £1.5 million and earnings £1,000 a week, it just does not happen in modern football.

All this goes to show how out of sync the transfer fee is too any other deal (including the Neymar one) and that to me would be a real red flag. As much as you hear this once in a generation player etc. the numbers are just far too crazy!! As others have said Van Dirjk and Sanchez are probably a similar transfer fee and if we have the room on the wage bill, would be far more likely to bring immediate success.

If they pull it off I'm really interested to see how PSG would work, as we get told constantly how much one player being on so much more disrupts the harmony. I would imagine all PSG contract renewals the agents will be pushing for more money both on established first team players and also on potential using Neymar and Mbappe as a benchmark. Even if they are happy to increase everyones pay a bit it makes it hard then for players to move on, unless they really don't care and are happy to pay them to go of the books.

Ultimately each to there own, but I think there is a good reason we are not acting like PSG and it is nothing to do with how deep the pockets are.

It is interesting to hear we may lose out on this one due to wages and not transfer fee.

If I was Mbappe and I wish I was! If I was being sold for £150 million + I would not expect to be getting 100K (I believe this is only 20K more then Delph gets and that Kolarov was on 90K, nowhere near £150 million players). I would expect to be on parity with the highest earners Aguero, Silva, etc. Simply due to the size of the transfer fee, if I am worth that much to be brought then surely I must be worth x amount to be paid.

For City I can see why this is an issue as really we want him around the salary level of our high potential players such as Jesus, Sane etc. If we start paying high potential players the same as our stars that would not be good, so I fully understand our stance. However this deal would probably be percentage wise the lowest annual salary compared to that of the transfer fee then any deal done this summer. It's the equvilent of someone being brought for £15 million and earning £10,000 a week or £1.5 million and earnings £1,000 a week, it just does not happen in modern football.

All this goes to show how out of sync the transfer fee is too any other deal (including the Neymar one) and that to me would be a real red flag. As much as you hear this once in a generation player etc. the numbers are just far too crazy!! As others have said Van Dirjk and Sanchez are probably a similar transfer fee and if we have the room on the wage bill, would be far more likely to bring immediate success.

If they pull it off I'm really interested to see how PSG would work, as we get told constantly how much one player being on so much more disrupts the harmony. I would imagine all PSG contract renewals the agents will be pushing for more money both on established first team players and also on potential using Neymar and Mbappe as a benchmark. Even if they are happy to increase everyones pay a bit it makes it hard then for players to move on, unless they really don't care and are happy to pay them to go of the books.

Ultimately each to there own, but I think there is a good reason we are not acting like PSG and it is nothing to do with how deep the pockets are.
Good post and perspective there F80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.