Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone saying "he's got two good years left in him": he's two years younger than Cristiano Ronaldo, an inferior player who relies far more on athleticism. Messi will still be performing at the top level until he retires.

Not that we're signing him or anyone else anywhere near his standard.

Messi's in a weird spot right now. Clearly this current Barcelona board are a shambles and the club are going backwards on the pitch. The question he will be asking himself is does he want to take on greater responsibility and pressure in this final stage of his career or less. Particularly at a declining Barcelona. I suspect like a lot of footballers who've had to decide to leave their boyhood club he's riddled with doubts. Personally I think he'll end up signing the new contract.

Messi's in a weird spot right now. Clearly this current Barcelona board are a shambles and the club are going backwards on the pitch. The question he will be asking himself is does he want to take on greater responsibility and pressure in this final stage of his career or less. Particularly at a declining Barcelona. I suspect like a lot of footballers who've had to decide to leave their boyhood club he's riddled with doubts. Personally I think he'll end up signing the new contract.

Surely if their squad/team is in decline, then they should cash in on him now, especially with him in his last year of his contract.
I really can't see him ending up here though, unless he was to run his contract down.

Surely if their squad/team is in decline, then they should cash in on him now, especially with him in his last year of his contract.
I really can't see him ending up here though, unless he was to run his contract down.

There's nothing to "cash in" on with Messi because selling him (or letting him go free) is something no Barcelona director would EVER want on their watch. It'll be catastrophic for them and will be remembered forever in their history.

There's nothing to "cash in" on with Messi because selling him (or letting him go free) is something no Barcelona director would EVER want on their watch. It'll be catastrophic for them and will be remembered forever in their history.

What if he put in a transfer request?????

What if he put in a transfer request?????

That wouldn't happen. Messi doesn't need to paint himself the villain, he can just not sign the new contract and walk for free next year while Bartomeu and the board take the blame. Whether they actually are at fault or not is irrelevant, Barca fans are almost united in their disdain for the board and it would conveniently fit the narrative that they aren't willing to pay to ensure the team succeeds.

Ultimately, PSG ponying up for Neymar changed the game. Barca have gone almost overnight from a position of financial uncertainty to excess. Meanwhile, they've lost their insurance policy, the future Messi if you will. All these things put them over a barrel. Performances are bad, fans have never been more unhappy, they simply can't part ways with Messi and he knows it. This all smacks to me of a play for more money and Barca will almost certainly pay it to keep him.

I don't see why he should sign a new deal as Barcelona are in major decline. They've bought Semedk and Paulinho, not exactly the signings you would expect. Neymar leaving is a major loss and even Coutinho or Dembele won't make up for it even though both look unlikely.

Real Madrid have a great squad and have added another two quality youngsters. They are nailed on to win La Liga IMO.

Messi should just run down his contract and leave for free next season. He can go play wherever he wants. I would love for us to win league and do good in the CL and have Messi join us next summer, would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.