Ousmane Dembélé

The market prices are becoming an abomination now. The game will be fucked if this carries on.

I agree. The inexorable outcome if it were to carry on like this is £2,000 season tickets and £200/m to watch Sky or BT Sport.

And already people are refusing to pay, hence there are literally millions of people in the UK alone, illegally streaming with Kodi and the like. Sky and BT can only push up the prices so far before it befores counter-productive and revenue actually falls. I think we are already at that point. Ditto ticket prices.

This bubble *must* burst and fees cannot simply carry on going up and up.

It will only carry on if the mega money signings are successful

I think we are at the high watermark for the next several years at least. The BT Sport money has made all the PL clubs step-change richer, and this is immediately translating into more money to spend on transfers and therefore higher fees. The PSG situation is arguably unique, since they are imo cheating FFP with fictitious sponsorship arrangements, and even they will be broke with regards to transfers for the next few windows if they sign Mbarmy.

Beyond this, where is the extra money to come from? BT Sport is already pricing itself out of the market, and Sky ditto. They cannot lob yet another few billion at it next time around, or their customers will up sticks in droves.

I think we are at the high watermark for the next several years at least. The BT Sport money has made all the PL clubs step-change richer, and this is immediately translating into more money to spend on transfers and therefore higher fees. The PSG situation is arguably unique, since they are imo cheating FFP with fictitious sponsorship arrangements, and even they will be broke with regards to transfers for the next few windows if they sign Mbarmy.

Beyond this, where is the extra money to come from? BT Sport is already pricing itself out of the market, and Sky ditto. They cannot lob yet another few billion at it next time around, or their customers will up sticks in droves.
That's it in a nutshell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.