Security

Any analysis of recent threats would suggest to anyone with half a brain that the major threat is from an incident outside the stadium.

Why on earth would a terrorist stand patiently in a queue when they could blow themselves up in City Square or, as Blue Anorak says, just outside the turnstiles.,particularly at the end of a game? Perimeter security would be much better.
Unfortunately the analysis would have to be completed by someone with functioning brain capacity, whilst we have 'job for the boys' ex GMP cast offs

Last edited:
Any analysis of recent threats would suggest to anyone with half a brain that the major threat is from an incident outside the stadium.

Why on earth would a terrorist stand patiently in a queue when they could blow themselves up in City Square or, as Blue Anorak says, just outside the turnstiles.,particularly at the end of a game? Perimeter security would be much better.
Probably the optimum time would be outside with about 5 minutes to go.

Me too it is in Piccadilly gardens at the moment a steward said I might just make kick off but said he could sell me lager and chips if I needed some for £20.

Forget that nip up Lever Street to the Pie and Ale pub and treat yourself to a decent beer an a great pie.

It fits in perfectly with the Club's vision of their ideal fan.
Get people parking in the official car park - £10 - it's all the Council's fault, sorry. There's always room and we can always make it bigger.
Get everyone out of the pubs and in early to buy food and drink - £10 a meal, £4 a pint. In the name of security, sorry.
After the match - no point dashing away to sit in the car for half an hour - go and spend your cash in the store or City Square.
If you don't like it, sod off, we'll get some day tripper who spends even more than you in your place. We don't need to change habits for new fans, we can create them. There's always more money to be made as long as we sell out every week.

There we go couldnt of said it any better myself.

just had a sms off city about using the correct entrance etc,also saying please arrive early to allow more time for security checks !

Just to let all you guys traveling to the game tonight! Just walked past the ground on the way to Mary Ds bar. The security and stewards looks too have trippled from last season. Also there are queues specifically for people with bags, which are marked with sign posts. So just a heads up, take it seriously and give yourself plenty of time to get in the ground before kick off!

Before I moved to South Stand, I was in 111 and I'm sure that near the loos there were some areas which were barred off to the outside. The bars were about 8 inches apart to stop peoople squeezing through. Are they still there and whats to stop somebody from the outside passing things to somebody already in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.