Everton - Post match thread.

5 hours drive up and probabl 3 hours back to South Wales now but proud of the lads in the second half. That referee could not get his card out quick enough. Spoilt a game we would have won. We are never as dangerous without Sterling and he needs to start. Our new Silva is going to be a real star the ball is glued to his foot. How many chances do we need and we do not have any luck at all. Post or a deflection just crazy. Tried to walk the ball in first half a little too much. Kevin off the pace a little and DAnny good when he came on. The subs made the difference. Crowd up for it today as well. The journey home will be sweeter with the way we played second half and think we will get there.

Credit where it's due Sky are a lot less biased against us than BT. They said we were fantastic in the second half with 10 men and looked the more likely to get the winner.

Possession doesn't win games otherwise we would have won the league for the last 6 years. We were most dangerous when we were running at them at speed.. Why on earth, bearing in mind the talent we are supposed to have, do we spend 90 % of the time passing back , sideways,slowing the game down to walking pace. If we ran at teams more,yes we may loose a bit of possession but this would be cancelled out by more goals penalties and free kicks.

When do we get game changing decisions in our favour? I can't remember fucking anything it's beyond a joke that bastard Madley cheated us today. Makes me fucking hate football it's just a load of bs. Whoever has the ref on their sides wins things just like the rags did all those years just like Real Madrid did last season. It's all bs.

was that what happened, or are you guessing?

Oh please tell me footballing genius, why else did Guardiola change the centre backs around, the centre backs he spent his press conference on Friday explaining why he wants Kompany playing on the right.

let me guess, he did it because he was so happy with how they were playing? Or perhaps because he just wanted Otamendi to be closer to him on the touchline?

There were a lot of positives in fairness, despite everything.

Ederson and Otamendi had excellent games of the starters.
All the subs did brilliantly, Pep explicitly said this would be the case in his press conference and he was vindicated.

What annoys me is how Pep tinkered really well during the game, which makes his starting XI even more confusing.

Again, I don't want to sound repetitive, but we continue to miss chances by the boatload... New season, same old story

Again will determine if we win trophies or be amongst the also rans.

It was a game we should have won but didn't an all too familiar scenario.

We will continue to get punished if we don't put enough chances away.

Not at our best tonight but showed some spirit especially in the second half.

Lets hope we put our shooting boots on Saturday.

It really does feel like it's us against the world to me sometimes.
But as frustrating as it was to watch at times and the chances we missed, you have to give the lads credit for that last 25 mins. It was brave and it was ballsy with 10 men. I'm actually quite proud of them at the end.
But still worrying that we miss chances and gift goals with sloppy errors.
2 down but still 36 to go! Come on.

The sooner Sanchez or Mbappe come the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.