Everton - Post match thread.

And to that **** of an Everton (with a surprising Man accent) fan who was on Talk Sport who reckons Everton were robbed go and boil your head you utter twat.

This is not to slate the lad as he is young and I think will become one of the best LW/CF in the world... but Sane lost the match for us tonight. He just was not trying (really inexcusable at this level) in an awkward position. I do think Pep takes some of the blame for playing him at LWB but Leroy has to take a lot of it for obviously not applying himself (he looked like he really just did not fancy it).

Once he came off, Sterling came on, and Dinho dropped to LWB, we improved substantially. Also think it was very harsh to take Jesus off as his overall contribution was much better than Agüero (who had one of his worst matches in recent memory). I think Kun is just building fitness but it was disappointing to see such labored movement and clumsy dribbling. And, my god, he needs to drop Puma as sponsors, regardless of the money lost. If he keeps slipping every third shot attempt he'll lose more on acclaim and wages than they can pay him to play in those tap shoes.

But that's because Fernandinho is a terrible holding midfielder. He doesn't hold for a start. He gambles. If he gets caught ahead of the ball, the back line get got at 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 which is difficult to defend. It happens against every half decent side we play against and has done for the last two seasons despite half the forum beaming about how good and 'up for it' he is.

It's because every player was watching the ball. Same move happened earlier.

Same old same old, missed chances and that's what cost us. Blame the ref for a shocker, but in reality if aguero pulls the trigger or Dave hits the target then that red doesn't happen. Need a massive kick up the arse.

PEP: "We tried to win the game even when it was 10 against 11. Nobody can say we didn't try."

PEP: "It's similar to a lot of games last season, it's sad because we wanted to start well at home."

PEP: "We are here for the results, but we didn't win... It’s just the second game and we’ll improve

PEP: "We tried to find ways of attacking them and we did. We had opportunities and we never gave up."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.