Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was holding his hammy in warm up and wincing. He didn't seem focused at all. Although he was being played out of position, he acted like he had stepped onto a pitch for the first time. Panicked when throwing in. Not sure what the hell was wrong with the boy.

A fair amount of generous people on here.

It's not the first time I've seen Sane put out a performance like this similar to last year's FA Cup semi final where he seemed disinterested & lack of effort. At the time people said he was running on dry towards the end of long season.

No excuse today he had a bad day at the office. Yes, he was played out of position but you still make the best out of the situation.

Lost count the number of mistakes made today...from foul throw ins, to going down blind alleys with ball, to misplaced passes in his own half, to non-anticipation of passes, to jogging back after making errors. If you are struggling, you ask for help on the pitch, don't rely on Pep to sort it out for you. Take some accountability.

He's fantastic going forward when getting in behind the defense but his lack of effort in defensive duties is worrying & someone needs to give him a kick up the arse.

Otherwise he just becomes a luxury player going forward which he certainly hasn't earned yet.

Woeful. Clearly not suited to the position but it almost seems like he's deliberately not trying so that pep won't play him there. The complete lack of defensive awareness or responsibility (not sure which it is) was shocking. Pushed up onto the next man constantly, leaving gaps behind him and barely got out of a jog when getting back. As i said elsewhere, If someone like Kolarov was still here and had performed like that they'd be an absolute meltdown on here, he'd be Lynched. He's effectively just playing the same way he played last season but 15 yards further back and without a man behind him. Also, I counted 5 times in the first half he was guilty of a foul throw, once is stupid, twice is unacceptable from a professional footballer, someone teach the lad to take a throw in ffs. It was clear to me after just 2 shorts cameos there in pre-season that he doesn't have the attributes to play there so i'm confident Pep see's that too, so why the hell is he persisting with it? Seems like he's trying to shoehorn him into the team whilst simultaneously solving an issue with a lack of fullbacks/wingbacks but it simply doesn't work for anybody. If Sane plays, it should be on the wing with an actual fullback behind him or as a striker and nowhere else.

Shite today, although he's clearly not a wing back as he has no desire to put anything into the defensive side.

A fair amount of generous people on here.

It's not the first time I've seen Sane put out a performance like this similar to last year's FA Cup semi final where he seemed disinterested & lack of effort. At the time people said he was running on dry towards the end of long season.

No excuse today he had a bad day at the office. Yes, he was played out of position but you still make the best out of the situation.

Lost count the number of mistakes made today...from foul throw ins, to going down blind alleys with ball, to misplaced passes in his own half, to non-anticipation of passes, to jogging back after making errors. If you are struggling, you ask for help on the pitch, don't rely on Pep to sort it out for you. Take some accountability.

He's fantastic going forward when getting in behind the defense but his lack of effort in defensive duties is worrying & someone needs to give him a kick up the arse.

Otherwise he just becomes a luxury player going forward which he certainly hasn't earned yet.

His effort is questionable sometimes.

Played out of position.

However something isn't right with him. Very little effort. Can't go past a player. Can't take throw ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.