It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about my doom and gloom prediction coming true.
So when I first mentioned us needing a second left back I was blown down by people telling me 3 fullbacks are more then enough (Danilo can play LB and all that), the same people who have no problem having Sterling, Sane & Silva on the bench and still wanting Sanchez.
The only reason in my opinion we have started with 3 at the back this season is because Pep doesn't think Danilo at LB in a flat 4 is comfortable enough, and thinks him and Sane can do the job at make shift LWB until Mendy is fit. 3 at the back seems to only suit Stones out of the entire 11 and everyone else looks uncomfortable. And some say we need to play it so we can get Jesus and Sergio on the field but there link up play is completely non existent.
So basically Mendy has to play 50 odd games this season or we have to play in a system that doesn't suit us without him. How is that reasonable?

Sorry but this entire comment is a load of complete bollocks.

You're basing everything on the fact Pep doesn't think Danilo can play in a back 4, which is complete and utter fiction that you've just created to have a point.

Is he a dominant, battling midfielder? I'm thinking in the Kante mould?

That's not what we need though. At no point yesterday did we need a dominant midfielder to win a midfield battle, we had very good control of the midfield.

We have a great squad. One or two issues eg Aguero but we have Jesus, B Silva. It's time now for Guardiola to do his job. Rest of football must wonder how many players we need. Just get on with it and do your job.

Is he a dominant, battling midfielder? I'm thinking in the Kante mould?

We don't need a Kante, we need a Busquets. Kante I wouldn't call dominant either, he's a superb energetic defensive midfielder but we want a deep lying playmaker who can defend.

That's not what we need though. At no point yesterday did we need a dominant midfielder to win a midfield battle, we had very good control of the midfield.

I just think when we lose the ball our defence is completely exposed.

Plus I think there is a disconnect between the defence and attacking players.

Why do people still think we need an enforcer in midfield? We control most games and dictate tempo, a stopper is not required IMO.

The set up was wrong last night and it is unfair to criticise Sane, Aguero, Jesus etc..

Our width was a problem and 2 up front isn't working, but even so, one of them needs to patrol the opposition penalty area and take chances when they come around.

Mendy in at LWB will make a huge difference, but as people are saying, when he is missing there's no like for like cover, which all stems from the Dani Alves knock on effect.

To go in for Bertrand at this late stage will cost a fortune, but I'd be more willing that we did that, than go for Evans or any other CB at this moment in time.

Why do people still think we need an enforcer in midfield? We control most games and dictate tempo, a stopper is not required IMO.

The set up was wrong last night and it is unfair to criticise Sane, Aguero, Jesus etc..

Our width was a problem and 2 up front isn't working, but even so, one of them needs to patrol the opposition penalty area and take chances when they come around.

Mendy in at LWB will make a huge difference, but as people are saying, when he is missing there's no like for like cover, which all stems from the Dani Alves knock on effect.

To go in for Bertrand at this late stage will cost a fortune, but I'd be more willing that we did that, than go for Evans or any other CB at this moment in time.

I never said an enforcer. I said someone who dominates and bosses the midfield. The tempo of the game etc. Like Yaya used to do.

Someone who links the defence and attack. At times last night, the attacking players were so far up the field and it was left to Kompany and Otamendi to go passed the half way line and try to thread through balls.

I never said an enforcer. I said someone who dominates and bosses the midfield. The tempo of the game etc. Like Yaya used to do.

Someone who links the defence and attack. At times last night, the attacking players were so far up the field and it was left to Kompany and Otamendi to go passed the half way line and try to thread through balls.

Well maybe when Gundogan is fit, he can be that player you talk about.... or use Yaya.

I don't like Fernandinho in that role and I'm surprised Yaya hasn't featured yet, but I still don't think that is a position we need to spend money on.....yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.