Everton - Post match thread.

Perhaps if you didn't parade around like you're some Billy Big Bollocks, insulting anyone who sees it different you, I wouldn't feel the need to call you an arse.

Perhaps if you actually responded to my arguments, instead of throwing petty names out and acting the tool over join date, you'd not look like the hypocrite you do right now.

Feel free to PM me, if, as it seems, you have nothing of relevance to add to the discussion anymore.

This.

Kept thinking this the whole match. I know that the stats show 19 shots by Citu, but it often felt like things were overplayed to try and get tap ins rather than letting rip from any sort of distance.

We took more long range efforts than I've seen for some time, 6 on goal from outside the box alone. Couple of good ones from Otamendi, no less.

Pep is clearly telling them to try their luck.

Well personally what a negative bunch of twots some of you are, I loved last night, improve the finishing and teams won't stand a chance, just the finishing...the defence is as good as its been, we look solid however going forward we play with flow and precision, we just need our scoring boots... don't forget we played blue dippers who have been a bogie team for us and also a top 6/8 team, so challenging. Only the sneidershite first booking should have stood...all the others were absolutely abysmal and referees need to be certain and stop guessing, You people that say walkers first challenge was a booking need to go and have a lie down, booking if he was out of control and heading into the player yes, however walker just crossed the path of the diving everton prick, no contact what so ever. We played some sublime football last night instigated by the directorship of Pep. we will improve game on game and win the league, I've been watching football long enough to know that even with 10 men we wiped the floor with the blue dippers just finishing let us down.

Come on Chippy, we're all blues. No need for name calling..
:-)

Yeah I know, sorry.

It's just it really winds me up when some people jump down the throats of others who make reasonable observations and criticisms. Someone is not "a lesser Blue" simply if they aren't cooing about how marvellous we are every time we kick a ball.

Feel free to PM me, if, as it seems, you have nothing of relevance to add to the discussion anymore.

More sanctimonious insults again. Here's another one for you:

sanctimonious
ˌsaŋ(k)tɪˈməʊnɪəs/
adjective
derogatory
adjective: sanctimonious
  1. making a show of being morally superior to other people.

With regards last night, there may be something in the criticism of Sane in so much as his part in their goal, but surely there's no need to be overly critiical of a hugely taleneted and exciting young player that was selected in that role as a bit of a gamble and it didn't really pay off. He did look unfamiliar in the position (understandably) and he was restricted in an attacking sense to a point that almost completely nullified his usual threat. Defensively he was always going to be some way short of what is expected of someone that plays the wing-back role.

As for the decision to play him there, I can see why Guardiola would try it. We were likely to be on the offensive for much of the game and he would, in theory, be more of a threat down the left than you'd expect of Danilo, with any defensive duty being a clear secondary consideration. That we went down to 10-men in the first half was beyond Pep's control, and being 1-0 down at the time meant it was worth keeping Sane there.

In my opinion, it was worth a try, it didn't work as well as we'd have hoped, and a lesson has been learnt, that said, I don't think it was the worst performance in the world from Sane and people seem to have got a little carried away and focused solely on the part he played in their goal.

It's called stupidity.

He was so so. Neither great nor shit. I don't thiink there is any reason he shouldn't play there again if needed, because we are definitely going to lose the ball, again, in that area, whether he does it or Danillo does it.

Then, the others will have to defend it.

Sane on top form would cause more problems going forward, than Mendy or Danillo. He's not quite at it yet, same as Jesus.

When both hit form, they will cause all manner of shit for opponents, wherever Pep plays them.

Someone is not "a lesser Blue" simply if they aren't cooing about how marvellous we are every time we kick a ball.

Literally nobody has said that. Neither that you (or anyone) is less a Blue or that we are marvelous every time we kick a ball. I'd say we were very good last night, particularly in the second half, but not marvelous by any stretch of the imagination.

The reason we didn't win, outside of a bent ref, was failure to take chances. That needs correcting and fast.

More sanctimonious insults again. Here's another one for you:

sanctimonious
ˌsaŋ(k)tɪˈməʊnɪəs/
adjective
derogatory
adjective: sanctimonious
  1. making a show of being morally superior to other people.

More off-topic rubbish. Here's one for you:

off-top·ic
adjective & adverb
  1. (of a comment) not relevant to the subject under discussion.
    "his second comment is entirely off-topic"
Again, feel free to PM me if you want to continue this and let's not have you sidetrack actual debate any longer, hm?

Did you watch our pre-season games? i did and sane cannot play there,there was no need for 3 CB's at home

I've seen Sane have two perfectly good games at wingback previously. Last night, he was average. Not shit: average.

Jesus was also average up front, in fact worse than Sane was at wingback.Do I think Jesus can't play up there ? No. Walker did nothing of note at all other than get sent off on the right side. do I think Walker can't play there ? No.

Do I know that a back 4 would have worked better ? No.

Well personally what a negative bunch of twots some of you are, I loved last night, improve the finishing and teams won't stand a chance, just the finishing...the defence is as good as its been, we look solid however going forward we play with flow and precision, we just need our scoring boots... don't forget we played blue dippers who have been a bogie team for us and also a top 6/8 team, so challenging. Only the sneidershite first booking should have stood...all the others were absolutely abysmal and referees need to be certain and stop guessing, You people that say walkers first challenge was a booking need to go and have a lie down, booking if he was out of control and heading into the player yes, however walker just crossed the path of the diving everton prick, no contact what so ever. We played some sublime football last night instigated by the directorship of Pep. we will improve game on game and win the league, I've been watching football long enough to know that even with 10 men we wiped the floor with the blue dippers just finishing let us down.
I agree with your analysis the big problem is that "finishing" has been letting us down for some time now. In many respects this match was a rerun of 10 or 15 similar games last season. I hope you are right and we do improve and win the league but on the evidence of last night we are likely to come up short again.

Piss off with your irrelevant ad hominem, Mr Continuous Negativity.

This is some savagely depressing flapper crystal ball stuff going on here.

Bullshit. We had 19 (19!) shots on goal, of which 13 were clear cut chances created from open play alone.

This "Pep cares about possession more than winning" thing is unfounded and wrong.

What was so well drilled about Everton's defence that they let City have 19 shots on goal last night? City's finishing is abysmal, but that's not a credit to Everton.

I saw a team that "went" for it last night, despite being a man down.

Mendy, the person we actually signed to be LWB, probably. Imagine that.

Clearly, the truth hurts.

It may have escaped your notice but of the 19 shots at least a third were blocked to some extent and another third were difficult because an extra touch was taken prior to the shot that led to a more difficult chance as it gave a defender a chance to close the player down.

Oh and we dropped two points we shouldn't have.

Literally nobody has said that. Neither that you (or anyone) is less a Blue or that we are marvelous every time we kick a ball. I'd say we were very good last night, particularly in the second half, but not marvelous by any stretch of the imagination.

The reason we didn't win, outside of a bent ref, was failure to take chances. That needs correcting and fast.

More off-topic rubbish. Here's one for you:

off-top·ic
adjective & adverb
  1. (of a comment) not relevant to the subject under discussion.
    "his second comment is entirely off-topic"
Again, feel free to PM me if you want to continue this and let's not have you sidetrack actual debate any longer, hm?

Please can you two just PM each other?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.