Everton - Post match thread.

This team is full of midgets , why we keep playing long corners instead of short ones? Vinny and stones get outnumbered every time.

Bernardo and Donilio pleasantly surprised me last night as prior to their introduction I thought it was same old same old! Cant wait until Mendy starts out. Sterling was great why or why when he had a good season last year and was flying in pre season isn't he in the starting eleven. I hope Sane doesn't revert back into his shell like the beginning of last season by having he confidence dented by having to play left wing back! Keeper looks good distribution wise but seem to fumble the goal!

That's harsh on Ederson, he actually nearly kept it out!

Was fuming during and after the match to be honest, thought we were not productive enough in the first half with the ball and same old weaknesses creeping in - inability to score and one chance one goal at the other end. Fernandinho and three CBs for me does not work, especially as none of them dropped deep with Rooney time after time, and with Everton's obvious game plan of him doing that and dropping one over the top for a runner I thought that was poor from us. Second half Fernandinho was immense as a, left wing back, I think?

But in retrospect we showed character, we saw two of our summer signings in Danilo and Bernardo Silva play well, Silva coming up to speed very quickly despite extended break. With ten men we still dominated Everton and there was only one team looking to play positive football and win that game, proud of that. Still bloody frustrating as Everton had hardly any goal threat and obviously Madley & Michael Oliver between them seemingly invented an excuse to send off one of our players, but I feel were getting close to it all clicking in to place. I do hope we ask for clarity on the reason for the second yellow, I think there is some room to make them wriggle over this one, even if it just plants a seed it might make the officials think before doing something daft in the future.

Can see Danilo coming in for Walker, Mendy hopefully fit for the left side at Bournemouth. Then have to look at maybe dropping Jesus or Aguero (for me Jesus) for B Silva and getting a few goals on the scoresheet, I'd also toy with the idea of Yaya for Fernandinho. Raz deserves a start too, he hit that goal with some technique!

Instead of digging out Sane over his ability to play wing-back, I would prefer someone to teach him how to take a proper throw-in?

Pep is caught between a rock and hard place right now because of the targeted spending he had made, and the need to replace the full-backs.

We can't accommodate Sane and Sterling if Mendy and Walker are bombing on.

The only way we somehow can is by not playing two up front.

Personally, I would prefer to see 4-5-1

Instead of digging out Sane over his ability to play wing-back, I would prefer someone to teach him how to take a proper throw-in?

Pep is caught between a rock and hard place right now because of the targeted spending he had made, and the need to replace the full-backs.

Me too & I think we will do a fair bit. Jesus is perfectly cabable of rotating with Sane or Sterling as well as with Aguero, so it shouldn't be a problem.

But we wre playing what is supposed to be one of the best sides in the country last night & barring a bit of hesitant finishing & ball watching at the back, we were on another planet. It might not yet be time to start writing off formations, maybe just work on stuff more.

I don't think Aguero and Jesus look like a good partnership anyway and i'd rather us play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, think it'll suit the personnel better personally.

For all the talk on here regarding the ref or Sane's error in the lead up to their goal, i can't get my head around Sergio not shooting when clean through? Why the hell he decided on 2 extra touches i'll never know, something doesn't seem right with him and i'm certain he kicked out at their fullback in the first half in front of the East stand whilst running with him for the ball.

Still feel so cheated, fucking bastards. We need a tall striker as a plan B option, someone we can actually cross the fucking ball to. This team of midget shit ain't going to work in the premier league! We need a Dzeko.

We absolutely must flood forward at speed - none of this stopping just outside their area and waiting bollocks. In on goal, as fast as we possibly can.

Slow build-up in these situations has been a problem for us.

All the other top contenders are tighter at the back & have the option of a more traditional centre forward.

True. Sergio also thrived working off of the traditional centre forward types we used to have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.