Game of Thrones

read this post on reddit earlier in the day and thought it was brilliant, and would have been way better than how it actually happened. Spoiled for size rather than content

Great episode!
That said this jaunting from one end of Westeros to another is rather spoiling it for me. The wall is about 100 leagues long (300 miles). Winterfell is 400 miles South of the Wall and the Twins about 900 miles. it's about another 900 miles from there to Kings Landing or Dragonstone (which are not that far apart). So 1800 miles or 1500 miles direct over the sea.
https://winteriscoming.net/2015/11/...bulates-distances-between-places-in-westeros/
1800 miles is roughly the equivalent of Manchester to Smolensk. On foot it would take two months and homing ravens could get there in about 2 weeks.
Bran's visions and/or Greensight should have been used to pass the message ahead of time to Deny. A simple plot device without making the plot look more impossible than it already is.

Why did only two dragons go north? I'm sure you only see two at the battle with the dead?

Last edited:
Great episode!
That said this jaunting from one end of Westeros to another is rather spoiling it for me. The wall is about 100 leagues long (300 miles). Winterfell is 400 miles South of the Wall and the Twins about 900 miles. it's about another 900 miles from there to Kings Landing or Dragonstone (which are not that far apart). So 1800 miles or 1500 miles direct over the sea.
https://winteriscoming.net/2015/11/...bulates-distances-between-places-in-westeros/
1800 miles is roughly the equivalent of Manchester to Smolensk. On foot it would take two months and homing ravens could get there in about 2 weeks.
Bran's visions and/or Greensight should have been used to pass the message ahead of time to Deny. A simple plot device.

Why did only two dragons go north? I'm sure you only see two at the battle with the dead?
There was definitely 3.

Full script has leaked for the final episode, trying to resist temptation

Last edited by a moderator:
read this post on reddit earlier in the day and thought it was brilliant, and would have been way better than how it actually happened. Spoiled for size rather than content

Sounds much better.

Could you give me an example of a deus ex machina from the last few episodes as I'm not sure you understand what one is.
A previously know character arriving to save the day having been informed of the situation in a plausible and narrated manner is not deus ex machina.
I would have suggested Benji's appearance but I see someone else has beaten me to it. That was the most perfect example of deus ex machina. Had they perhaps shown a glimpse of him earlier in the episode or even in the season, it wouldn't have been quite as bad.

I saw someone write that Stannis turning up to kill the wildlings at the end of Season 4 was deus ex machina, but it wasn't - it had already been established that he was going to take Westeros from the North down, so it wasn't a case of him appearing from nowhere like a Greco-Roman God to resolve a tangled plot.

My fear is that Bran will essentially become the deus ex machina tool; whenever characters can not work something out for themselves (or, in otehr words, whenever the writers can't come up with a clever way for something to be revealed to the characters), he will just come in and tell them, having seen it in a vision. Sadly, I reckon this is how Littlefinger will get caught scheming.

Hopefully you're now satisfied that I do know what a deus ex machina is!

Why didnt Dany just fry the knight king with her dragons? why keep attacking his minions when he was just sat 100meters away on his horse? Now they have the zombie dragon to contend with.

Why didnt Dany just fry the knight king with her dragons? why keep attacking his minions when he was just sat 100meters away on his horse? Now they have the zombie dragon to contend with.
Pretty sure they're immune to fire; or at least so cold that they extinguish it. One walked through fire at Hardholme before fighting Jon, and the Night King did the same here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.