Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish. We are good value to concede at least one very good chance every game. Not just half chances but easy scoring chances.

And we're going to do so if we would sign all best CB's and FB's on the world. All teams concede chances + there's no way we won't concede chances with the style of football we play. The best Barcelona ever was conceding the chances and goals but they would convert regularly 4-5 of theirs, this great Madrid side is conceding the chances but converting theirs. It's attack where the problem is, score decent amount of chances we create and we'd barely have problems in any game. Even last year when we lost 4-0 from barcelona, if both teams scored their chances it would probably finish like 5-5.

And we're going to do so if we would sign all best CB's and FB's on the world. All teams concede chances + there's no way we won't concede chances with the style of football we play. The best Barcelona ever was conceding the chances and goals but they would convert regularly 4-5 of theirs, this great Madrid side is conceding the chances but converting theirs. It's attack where the problem is, score decent amount of chances we create and we'd barely have problems in any game. Even last year when we lost 4-0 from barcelona, if both teams scored their chances it would probably finish like 5-5.
Spot on. We can spend £1billion on CBs and we would still concede easy chances, especially with this very high line. Forward has to be the ultimate priority.

I agree that it is the way that we play that is as much the problem with conceding cheap goals as the personnel. But the fact that the system leaves the CBs so exposed is a reason to get a top, quick CB in there not a reason to say, "fuck it we will concede chances whoever we have there so let's just get Evans". Yes there will always be some cheap chances, how about we get someone in who has a chance to minimise the problem not exacerbate it?

Spot on. We can spend £1billion on CBs and we would still concede easy chances, especially with this very high line. Forward has to be the ultimate priority.
Agreed. A £100 million CB wouldnt have made the slightest differene last night. Ederson had virtually nothing to do. Would've p*ssed the game, had we been able to convert even a quarter of our chances

Last edited:
That's a very romanticised view of football. The reality is that no matter how much possession we have we will always be vulnerable to long balls over the top of a high line defence, and particularly when that defence is punctuated by a lack of pace. I've seen that particular goal on Monday at least a dozen times, and it occurs because we are suddenly stretched, with our centre halves running full tilt back toward their own goal without the faintest idea of where the opposition players arriving behind them are going to be.
It probably wasn't much of an issue in Spain, because no-one really plays that way, but it is here and Pep looks no closer to finding a solution to it than when he first arrived

I not arsed if it is a romanticized view.

All I know is that people moan for the slightest thing. We 2 games into the season. Nowhere near at the pace we want to be or will be but loads are either panicking or even trolling.

I am going to give us a few more games. I will pop in to see the meltdown some will go through when we lose a game.

Why buy excellent players that can improve us for big money when you can buy average as fuck 30 year old players for big money that fit the HG and need replacing every two seasons ?

Makes no sense to try for VVD

£60m and he will be with us maybe 7/8 seasons
Or
£30m and needs binning after 2 seasons and replaced with another £30m has been so £60m and x 2 wages for 4 seasons of mediocrity

JS114117564_Virgil_van_Dijk-SPORT-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqJoJJwbSFFB6FIbXJ7mwEDIFaXXPmLfIVzWd62_SgK_w.jpg

No sense

This.

So fucking obvious it's better to spend 60m on one of the leagues best CBs that is still young than to spend 30m on a 29 year old average CB with no pace.

I really don't fucking understand why we don't just buy VVD. Perfect fit for us NOW and for the future. Perfect replacement for Kompany. Understands our style, can defend, wins duels unlike Stones, can pass, can dribble, can score. Will most likely become one of the best centerbacks in the world in the next 2-3 years.

Don't think Soton will sell to Liverpool so Chelsea are front runners. Would be a major mistake to let him go there. Shocking decision to not buy him IMO

I not arsed if it is a romanticized view.

All I know is that people moan for the slightest thing. We 2 games into the season. Nowhere near at the pace we want to be or will be but loads are either panicking or even trolling.

I am going to give us a few more games. I will pop in to see the meltdown some will go through when we lose a game.
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.