Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

I suspect Mrs Jazzman is more generous than Mrs Asamac who only lets me loose for a very good excuse - and City ticks that box.
I understand the benefits of an easy draw but don't want to have to wait until 2018 before we start to show how great we really are.
Ok I understand. Priorities need to be sorted in the right order mate, so Leipzig it is then :-)

No, you can work out the rest for yourself.

Oh, you think we are the target of a UEFA conspiracy and you think UEFA punishes their golden boys (Real) by making them play us to further this conspiracy. Makes sense if you are completely fucking stupid.

Your conspiracy theories are contradicting themselves.

I'm not mithered who we get and if I am honest I would prefer to win the real domestic double than the champions league I am not a great fan of it.

Not read the whole thread - do we know who's away first (e.g. do Pot 1 get a home tie) or is it more random (or fixed)?

Completely agree. Its a similar argument with City Women or when PL clubs get relegated, or Bayern. All of them have an unfair advantage over the rest of their league, but the emphasis is on the other clubs to reduce the gap to Celtic not the other way round.

The same as we're trying to compete with Real Madrid - why would they make it easier for us to catch them?

I know. Spanish ****s. Selfish that's what it is.

We're better than you but we feel sad.

Eh, no.

No issue in Celtic (or any team) getting better if they've got the resources.

But many a Celtic fan (not necessarily yourself) I've met has come across as very condescending when it comes to City's spending, completely ignoring the fact that in comparative terms, the gap between the 'poor and rich' in Scotland is even wider.

Same with the attendance debate. You'll see many a Celtic fan slag off City's attendances, then only get 30,000 themselves for the less glamorous games. In fact, I think I had this very debate with you last season ;).

I don't know any Celtic fan who wouldn't tear your fucking arm off for the backers you have.

If there are people who voice that, its jealousy mate.

I think you turning out in force when you were as financially poor as us and winning fuck all makes that OK with me.

We came to an Entente Cordiale if I'm not mistaken.

We both have big supports.

I do, but what can we do about that? Should we not try to get better? Should the responsibility for this gap not rest with the other clubs. We don't have a rich benefactor that actually puts real money in. What we have cones through season books and hopefully a run in Europe.

By qualifying we have earned each club £325k to invest in young players.

It's all a big thing now that we are top dog with the cash. When Rangers were the richest, it was all down to the sainted David Murray and that's the way it is. Now it's all, it's ruining the game that they are on their arse and the press peddles the same shite.

If anybody could show me an article questioning the gers gap in resources as a bad thing, they would need to go back in a time machine and write it themselves.

We get screwed by Sky and the BBC TV fees wise. If that was fairer all the clubs could improve.

To invest in youth? So they can nurture talent for you to steal and leave to rot on the bench or in your reserves ( or Hibs as they are known )

Plus your being disingenuous at best, you know fine that the money will be used for countless things to keep some of the clubs afloat not solely in youth

Can the talk of Celtic and Scottish football please pipe down...This is a thread about city and the champions league.

To invest in youth? So they can nurture talent for you to steal and leave to rot on the bench or in your reserves ( or Hibs as they are known )

Plus your being disingenuous at best, you know fine that the money will be used for countless things to keep some of the clubs afloat not solely in youth

I'm quoting the rules. It's meant to be spent on youth development. SAS for stealing the players? The same happens to us when we unearth a good one. Southampton ffs! A wee provincial club takes our players then get £60m for one. How do you think we feel about that?

It's the same deal and unless you can wave a wand and change it you either adapt or you fall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.