John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I've been totally underwhelmed with John Stones since he signed for City but am desperate for him to be a success. Hopefully playing alongside Kompany will be the answer. But he has to cut out the errors which seem to happen on a regular basis.
What errors?

Ball watching while Rooney waltzed into the box for one. Admittedly Silva should've tracked him but again, Stones could've done better. Which is the case most games.

He does a fuck up most games. He even did one against Brighton but we got away with it.

Ball watching while Rooney waltzed into the box for one. Admittedly Silva should've tracked him but again, Stones could've done better. Which isalf second the case most games.[/QUOTE
i hate when folks look around after a goal for someone to blame. Nothing in that sequence is an error. He was not ball watching. Ge did what all defenders are supposed to do, which is to drop to the line of the ball, the moment before Lewin pulled a cutback on the Sliding Dihno Stones and the defender beind him both dropped to the line of the ball. Lewin beats Dihno with a cut back dribble and passes to Rooney who was trailing the play. If you are suggesting that John Stones, in the split second after the cut back on Dihno and the pass to Rooney, should have picked up Rooney in that half second, then i'd suggest that's unreasonable. I can point out that same scenario in every game for every defender

I k

I think he was great today even when they had 11 on the pitch. He needs to have a bit more confidence in himself instead of backing off looking for the perfect opportunity to tackle cos normally when he defends on the front foot he wins more than he loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.