It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, we're not.

It was in response to the preferred targets expressed by some on this board.

I'd have loved Mbappe as you know, and was critical when I felt that the club weren't prepared to pay the transfer fee. Feel completely different now I've seen the wage package he's on at PSG. 300k a week net is ... well it's mental. I'm not surprised we didn't get involved in that.

I think it was the darts player Bobby George who espoused:"Doubles for dough, trebles for show."

It's more about what we need right now than what it would be great to crow about.

Sanchez and Evans fall into the first category.

Mbappe and VVD, the other.

We won't be pissing off Arsenal chucking grenades in before their game tomorrow, that wouldn't be smart.

Shirley with the time constraints on when Sanchez could sign, we either know we are going to get him or we are playing a dangerous game of chicken

I think it was the darts player Bobby George who espoused:"Doubles for dough, trebles for show."

It's more about what we need right now than what it would be great to crow about.

Sanchez and Evans fall into the first category.

Mbappe and VVD, the other.

We won't be pissing off Arsenal chucking grenades in before their game tomorrow, that wouldn't be smart.

I have a 1982 Chateau Haut Brion on hold for this. so good news can't come soon enough.

I'd have loved Mbappe as you know, and was critical when I felt that the club weren't prepared to pay the transfer fee. Feel completely different now I've seen the wage package he's on at PSG. 300k a week net is ... well it's mental. I'm not surprised we didn't get involved in that.

Did Tolmie not say City had agreed a deal with Mbappe earlier, it was agreeing a fee with Monaco that was still not done?

Did Tolmie not say City had agreed a deal with Mbappe earlier, it was agreeing a fee with Monaco that was still not done?

Yeah but by the sounds of things the goalposts moved dramatically when PSG's wage offer went in. It was the only way they were ever going to convince him to stay in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.