Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the question last week after Chelsea celebrated their winner v Spurs. Alonso ran into the crowd and was joined by his teammates this was at Wembley so the crowd is not as close to the pitch as it at most grounds. No cards given and nothing said.

Fouls-Yellows-Red-(Average foul per card)

I.E Swansea receive a card on average every 10.3 fouls

The stats arent over 3 games Frank

Brighton 34-1-0 (34)
Swansea 31-3-0 (10.3)
Man Utd 39-4-0 (9.7)
Southampton 38-4-0 (9.5)
Watford 35-3-1 (nailed on red) (8.7)
Stoke 25-3-0 (8,3)
Burnley 31-4-0 (7.7)
Arsenal 29-4-0 (7.2)
Huddersfield 42-6-0 (7)
Leicester 27-4-0 (6.75)
West Brom 36-5-1 (6)
Tottenham 33-6-0 (5.5)
West Ham 28-6-1 (5.4)
Newcastle 33-6-1 (nailed on red) (4.7)
Chelsea 49-9-2 (nailed on reds) (4.4)
Liverpool 26-6-0 (4.3)
Everton 29-6-1 (4.1)
Crystal Palace 29-8-0 (3.6)
Bournemouth 22-7-0 (3.1)
Man City 30-9-2 (2.7)

Averaging about 70% possession its hard to believe there isnt an agenda.
It's even more shocking when you see it in black and white

I have not seen those stats but would be interested to see them. Its a very subjective topic though.

We definitely have a lot of posession but in the top 12 passes so far we have four City players which included Otamendi (2nd highest), Fernandiniho Kompany and Silva. Three of those clearly had a lot of posession to play so many passes (two centre halfs and a holding midfielder) but thats a mile away from threatening posession where players are forced to commit fouls.

Liverpool for example I doubt have anywhere near similar amounts of posession but are on the front foot so quickly its arguably more likely to draw a foul/last minute challenge. Similarly players like Hazard are more likely to draw fouls due there desire to beat a man, rather than a Silva/KDB who are more technically proficient at passing the football.

Still would be interesting to view but using a correlation of posession and fouls is not the most accurate barometer in my opinion.

Oh piss off (said light heartedly - I'm feeding a baby hence being up at this bastard hour). Someone as passionately defensive about the subject as yourself wouldn't miss those stats, they've been highlighted back on this forum for years, probably back to the Bobby Manc days when people were arguing it would change when the teams style of play changed etc.

I don't believe you haven't been aware of it and I can't be fucked trailing through the archives but if not then I kind of understand why you're so adamant in your comments. Although in fairness I bet Anthony Taylor could walk on during a derby with a rag scum shirt and a big fuck off brown envelope, give 18 penalties to them and you'd still say "it was just a bad day and he made a couple of mistakes it's human error".

Anyway feeding time over and back to sleep (hopefully).

We do more niggly ones, but the problem is the position and situation at the time they happen.
i.e. a slight ankle tap on a player who's 5 yards inside our half you would expect just as a free kick to be given and no card... but quite often when we do this, its when we've piled a load of pressure on their goal and they get a potential break away.

Agreed, it's more the nature and circumstances our fouls are committed that warrant many of the yellow cards, we can be quite cynical at times, that's not to say we don't get shafted, we do, without question, I just don't think the yellow card/possession stat is a relevant one.

How many player in the prem were sent off for celebrating in front of their own fans all of last season and the few games we`ve played this season.

Also last season Raheem was carded again by Dean in what seemed a one off match were the rules were adhered more rigorously than at anytime in the season.

Not sure if Begovic is taking the piss here. He must've missed decision not to send Ake off, to let Cook challenge go unpunished & to send Sterling off.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...egovic-bournemouth-manchester-city-refereeing
That's annoyed me more than it should. Are footballers really that think? Both him and Daniels have mentioned us scoring in 97th when 5 mins were put up. Neither have the gumption to notice the first minute of injury time was a lecture from Dean to the managers and then after that they had a man 'injured' for over two minutes and then a substitution. The ball was in play for less than 30 seconds by the end of the fourth minute of injury time.

But comments like these set the tone of the debate. Everyone that didn't see the game but reads these comments will think Dean did us a favour on Saturday as opposed to screwing us.

If he wants the refs to play strictly to the laws then why isn't he questioning why he didn't receive 2 yellow cards for time wasting instead of being given 4 or 5 warnings!
Great point.

Found the fucker on twitter and told him politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.