It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely different level to reading the game from centre back and a midfield screen, though?

Less pressure, knows he has the back-up behind. One thing is very clear, teams are happy to let Otamendi or Kompany have the ball, and we need someone who is five years younger than Yaya to come and receive.

Gundogan does not have the physical presence to put out the amount of fires this teams creates.
Danilo might be another option, if Stones is to be used in a back 4.

The guy from work is a Bayern Fan but really knows his onions.. his lad is on a football scholarship in Georgia, USA and they are hoping for big things from him..

He knows the league well and as somebody else posted Gundogan was considered a bargain for us even with the risks over his initial injury...

I hope he fulfills his potential under Pep who does like to play people out of position...
We are very lucky to have him along with Kevin and the 2 silvas we have an awesome midfield.

You mean something like this? Can't see it, but there is plenty of height in the team and also provides the scope for Pep to rotate Sane, Sterling and Sergio.

.........................EDERSON........................
.....WALKER......KOMPANY.....OTAMDENI......MENDY...
......................STONES.................
............KDB...................SILVA.......

...BERNARDO........JESUS...............SANCHEZ....

Would love Stones to get a shot at DM, but just can't see it. Pep too stubborn.

We need all four.

Instead of fucking about stocking Girona out for the chance of a making a quick buck in the future...

If Pep is going to persist with overloading the attacking spaces, we are desperate for a pure defensive screen holding midfielder and that's not Gundogan, or Sanches, is my opinion.

Both Kompany and Otamendi are picking up needless bookings because they are square on, with no protection in front.

Henderson does the job for Liverpool and Chelsea have Kante.

The perfect player would be a version of Bayern's Vidal.
Isn't he just.

No chance though.

Entirely different level to reading the game from centre back and a midfield screen, though?

Less pressure, knows he has the back-up behind. One thing is very clear, teams are happy to let Otamendi or Kompany have the ball, and we need someone who is five years younger than Yaya to come and receive.

Gundogan does not have the physical presence to put out the amount of fires this teams creates.

I don't think Stones has the legs to play DM/pivot in this team but you could also say the same about Yaya. In Yayas favour he is better on the ball than Stones will ever be. Stones for me, is a very sloppy passer for someone touted as being very good on the ball, theres a laziness that creeps in every now and again. Fernandino has the legs for the position but lacks the quality. Gundogan has the quality but as you say doesnt have the physical presence. Between the 4 of them they all have pieces of the jigsaw but none of them are the full package.

Now we're talking Tolm! Except i would play Bernardo in a diamond. right behind the front 2 & in front of Merlin & KDB ......... as long as the 2 Silva's don't take each others space, it would work IMO.

Possibly, mate.

Having Stones as a touted midfield screen acts two-fold from my basic 40 year understanding of the game, admittedly.

It's a five-man midfield when Walker and Mendy are pushed high. It would allow Stones to be somewhere in between, becoming the third centre-back,midfield screen along with Vinny and Otamendi.

There is a major problem in these first few games, teams are letting Otamendi and Kompany have the ball, and it's too slow to move between the lines.

I quite like the idea of Bernardo in the 10 role, but I don't think that's a big issue, we have three/four guys who can do an excellent job, regardless of who is in it.

It's what is bringing up the rear we need to address. I do think the arrival of Sanchez will also get opponents to engage us more, as he backs himself to dribble past players.

The ball might break down a lot more but we have zero personnel who can take a man on to open up the space in front of packed defences.

Have been saying for two years we need an upgrade in centre midfield.

Our defence is completely exposed when we lose the ball and the other team breaks.

If Pep wants 3 at the back we need someone like Kante at Chelsea.

Our defence is completely exposed when we lose the ball and the other team breaks.

Gueye at Everton looks decent.

The problem is Pep vastly overrates Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.