Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the financial sacrifice Wenger and the club might have to take. Imagine the meltdown if Sanchez joined City this season after what has happened in their previous two games?

I personally can't see it happening. They will have a much better chance of getting CL with him than without him that is for sure.
What meltdown? Gooners put up with this most seasons without a murmur. There'll be a bit of wailing and gnashing, then they'll go back to moaning about the manager. They would stand a better chance with him but just can't see them sacrificing the money and I doubt it will be anything like £70m.

That literally makes no sense. How does getting rid of players mean they are keeping Sanchez? Arsenal offered Ox like £180k a week I think it was to try and keep him and he told them to fuck off. Do you seriously think Sanchez is gonna be any different? He will be on the phone with his agent telling him to get him the fuck away from that train wreck. All we have to do now is offer enough for Arsenal to bite the bullet.

Yes, but Sanchez is their best player. The Ox was always going to leave because he's not even that good, so getting a fee for hin from a desperate club like Chelsea who have had a nightmare window makes sense. He won't improve them that much.

Whereas handing Sanchez to City will be absolutely suicidal and could hand us the title. Personally I also agree that losing out on 60m or so from a player on last year of his contract is stupid, but maybe Wenger sees this as a gamble worth taking as keeping Sanchez might just give them CL football. So in essence if he gives them CL football, although they would have lost a fee on selling him a season earlier, they wouldn't have lost out on CL money.

The club and Wenger are caught between a rock and a hard place, without doubt.

Yes, but Sanchez is their best player. The Ox was always going to leave because he's not even that good, so getting a fee for hin from a desperate club like Chelsea who have had a nightmare window makes sense. He won't improve them that much.

Whereas handing Sanchez to City will be absolutely suicidal and could hand us the title. Personally I also agree that losing out on 60m or so from a player on last year of his contract is stupid, but maybe Wenger sees this as a gamble worth taking as keeping Sanchez might just give them CL football. So in essence if he gives them CL football, although they would have lost a fee on selling him a season earlier, they wouldn't have lost out on CL money.

Maybe Wenger thinks that but we all know the board is in control over at Arsenal. Watch Arsenal fan TV and it's all them complaing at the boards unwillingness to spend money. All they care about is profit and they are not going to let their most valuable asset leave for nothing.

If it's all about converting chances, you would have thought he would go for a goalscorer.

Imo it's about getting more goals spread around the team.

I was a little surprised we never went after Chicharito, a proven goalscorer, but the fact that Iheanacho and Bony don't fit the blueprint meant he wouldn't have fitted either, not to mention his previous allegiances. Going to be an interesting few days.

Sanchez didn't give them Champions League football last season and given their start he looks incapable of doing it this season.

If he hands the title to City so what. Arsenal won't be in the title race anyway. They're in a different race for 4th.

The Ox is worth less than Sanchez and in my opinion if Arsenal arent willing to let Ox leave on a free, and not just not leave on a free but sell to their hated London rivals instead, then I don't see how they can have any intention of keeping hold of Sanchez. They offered Ox £180k pw, it's says they were desperate for him to stay. 48 hours later they accept an offer from Chelsea. Put the right bid in and I am convinced Sanchez is ours.

The Ox is worth less than Sanchez and in my opinion if Arsenal arent willing to let Ox leave on a free, and not just not leave on a free but sell to their hated London rivals instead, then I don't see how they can have any intention of keeping hold of Sanchez. They offered Ox £180k pw, it's says they were desperate for him to stay. 48 hours later they accept an offer from Chelsea. Put the right bid in and I am convinced Sanchez is ours.

Exactly my thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.