Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst the main papers are somewhat more reliable than a random on twitter they are just a guide so it might not be that much
At the numbers under discussion, be it low 20s or upto 30, it is a joke. We have so many players who can play in that position in a pinch, why are we doing desperation, last minute buys for?

At the moment, here in the US, it's all about the Texas hurricane disaster, but this Evans deal has me even more perturbed!

The rain in Houston is so persistent they have a new motto over here...

Houston, the new Manchester!

At the numbers under discussion, be it low 20s or upto 30, it is a joke. We have so many players who can play in that position in a pinch, why are we doing desperation, last minute buys for?

At the moment, here in the US, it's all about the Texas hurricane disaster, but this Evans deal has me even more perturbed!

The rain in Houston is so persistent they have a new motto over here...

Houston, the new Manchester!
Ha, stay safe though

I don't disagree with that entirely but i'm being realistic as to how much we can get done in one window,a goalie and fullbacks were needed as we had a crap keeper,willy left and we had no fullbacks at all

Yeah I know that not everything can happen in one window, but having a solid spine is essential to winning the league. Pep's job and reputation are on the line this season and I would have expected maybe a bit more considering the amount of pressure he is going to be under. We was told a few weeks ago by various journalists such as Sam Lee from Goal that City were willing to buy a cheap option at Centre back to accommodate a more expensive striker. So far, we haven't seen an expensive striker walk through the door and if Jonny Evans is our only signing then we are going to struggle at the back when Kompany gets injured.

If we aren't going to sign a top striker, we should have gone all out on a much better centre half. Jonny Evans is not needed if we don't get Sanchez or another expensive striker. He simply isnt good enough for us just like he wasn't good enough for Utd. He has found his level at West Brom.

So we caved in to WBA's valuation... £30m for 29 year old CB who is nothing special. Bonucci went for £35m...

All signings like this show is how out of reality football is.

I know people have mentioned the impact of the TV deal and how it has driven the prices up, but yet again it seems like the only stakeholders in the sport who see no benefits of this deal are the fans.

How anyone can justify rising ticket prices and then spunking over £20 million on a bang average defender is beyond me.

That's a staggering comparison, is this actually happening?

You cannot compare the prices paid in England to the rest of Europe. We're minted and every fucker knows it.
Bonucci went from one Italian Club to another. They are tight as ducks arses when it comes to transfer fees,generally.
So 35m is massive, for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.