Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but let's be honest here, our opinion is the minority and there's simply no time or patience for City entering a building phase.

The rumour is bullshit, 100%, but don't be under any illusions: City are in win now mode and Pep has to make this year a success.

But I'm sick of hearing the fans opinion doesn't matter. When we don't sing loud enough at matches he calls us out, they constantly send us shitty little match day surveys. If we don't matter why don't they just stop trying to get us through the gate ?

This is our club btw, we are the ones who get left behind when they all inevitably move on so I think our vision matters too. I would like to stick to the plan they sold us. Now ok I can take jonny Evans but by the might of god, if they swap sterling for Sanchez I will have lost respect for all three of them

It's a cop out

I can understand that some have reservations about him, he has his flaws with his indecisiveness but his stats speak for themself, he's very decent and he's still young.

On a positive note it's good to see so many coming out to back Sterling now as well, he sacrificed a lot to come to this club when you think about all the flack he got and continues to receive, we should all be willing him nothing but success at City... no more of this willing him to fail to save face because you didn't want us to spend the £50m before he signed.

The best we've done in Europe in recent years was the semi-final against Real Madrid. I still think we would have been knocked out in the R16 if Sterling and Bony hadn't dragged us kicking and screaming to the top of the group with that comeback win over BMG in December '15. He's a vital player for us (Bony not so much).

Ever heard of the Ship of Theseus? You take apart every piece of this club that I hold dear and soon there will be nothing left to call it Manchester City. This is not us. This is not the club I support. If this happens, I hope Sanchez flops hard and Txiki, Pep and all go fuck themselves.

I don't think you should be concerned for sentimental reasons. Cold, hard logic would say that Raheem is more valuable.

This is just a negotiating ploy by Arsenal. They're trying to change the terms of the game to make City feel on the defensive or like they'd be getting a good deal just by walking away. Sanchez is out of contract in 1 year and doesn't want to play there. They have 3 days left to get the transfer done or they lose £50m. They have next to no leverage. If I was Txiki I'd lowball them and offer £20m in response to this story.

And again if he goes that route then all his legacy was total fucking bullshit. We were sold a vision, one where we had youth and new ideas, a new way to play, building a team for the future. I would never accept your first paragraph of the vision city sold us. It's not why we waited so long for guardiola it would make him nothing more than a fraud.

I don't want the same old shite, I want the vision and I'm prepared to wait.

We would all to see a starting XI of 21 and 22 year olds running around, tearing it up. Its not realistic though. We have plenty of exciting youth, the likes of Sane and Jesus are right up there in terms of quality. What if Pep looks at the likes of Brahim and thinks "You know what, in 2 years he will be my man, I just need a stop gap until hes ready"? I think the vision you refer to is there, it doesn't mean that every youngster, Sterling included, is necessarily a part of that vision though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.