Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over Kev? Care to elaborate?
I thought he was big club fantastic. The save on Defoe and in the 2nd half was why we had a chance to win in the end.

Kev, Mendy and Jesus were good, but not standout good. So I went with the guy who has the most impactful contributions

It was the Totally Football Show podcast last week.

Yeah, it was a hatchet job from a idiotic group of people who despise us.

For what it's worth, Ederson was excellent yesterday. Two big saves when it mattered, and he's very assured at dealing with crosses coming into the box. Deserved a clean sheet as there was little he could do for their goal.

Loed how he just came out and get the ball after ther long throw-in. Bournemouth did it last season quite a lot too, and we dealed with it mostly well, but still it's a bit better to immediately retain possession than to just clear out the ball...

Inspires confidence at the back - great shot-stopper - excellent distribution - very composed (in spite of pundits thinking otherwise) on the ball - and offers a huge attacking threat because of his long kicks.

Can't see Bravo working his way into our side - feel sorry for Bravo b/c prior to joining us he was excellent. Probably Bravo moves next year.
======
Meanwhile we have an up-and-coming keeper who might well become world best in seasons to come.

The only drawback to his game that I see - is that his judgement about when to leave the box, going forward - is too aggressive. This leads to silly goals by the opposition at times.

If Ederson can clean up this side of the game - he's on target for best keeper in world football.

He's got something about him, presence, unflappable, confidence... Much better with his feet than i thought he was too. I think Peps hit the keeper jackpot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.