Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Guardiola envisions him playing in the front 3. If not then I really do not see the rationale for bidding for him. We have more midfielders than we can possibly play.

I see him now as a No. 10 tbh but we have a lot of players of that type. Our need is for an out and out forward imo. But it's one that can wait until one becomes available.

Of course he'll play in the front three, Sterling and Sane play in the front three, would you call them strikers?

Our need is for goals, that doesn't have to be an "out and out forward".

I'm still staggered by how badly Arsenal have handled this. Can't believe they didn't just sell him for as much as they could at the start of the summer and reinvest the money sensibly while they had plenty of time. Now, if they sell him they either don't have time to strengthen with the money or if they do spend, it is last gasp stuff which rarely works out well. If the move falls through, they are going to have major problems (IMO) with a huge player/character in the dressing room who is proper fucked off...and then lose him for nowt in a year. What a bunch of utter bells.

ha ha sky Sterling not part of deal (city been on phone ) = Sterling is shite

At least for a few hours he was a top young English player improving and playing at the highest level for the next 10 years oh well....

Back to bring an overpriced overrated but part player... with a bad boy image.

I'm sure Guardiola envisions him playing in the front 3. If not then I really do not see the rationale for bidding for him. We have more midfielders than we can possibly play.

I see him now as a No. 10 tbh but we have a lot of players of that type. Our need is for an out and out forward imo. But it's one that can wait until one becomes available.

Think he'll play on the left of a front three, scrapping it out for one of the 4/5 forward positions dependant on formation with sterling, sane, Jesus & aguero

Knobhead Tony Gale suggesting Sanchez worth £130m. Completely forgets the player is into the final year of his contract and immediately after City's catagoric statement re Sterling he starts if off again. How doe this prick get employed as a pundit? He s a model KFA stealing a living.
I hate sly the same as every blue, however he didn't say it like your suggesting, he said that in the current market he would be worth £130 m, providing arsenal played their cards right and didn't allow him to run his contract down, big difference.

Our bench in the first game against Liverpool last season (the 1-0 defeat) was Caballero, Sagna, Fernando, Navas, Clichy, Garcia, and Iheanacho. I expect it will be considerably more powerful when we next meet; cannot have enough top players.

If we end up signing him, and I hope and expect us too, then the press will report the fee to be 10-20 million higher than it actually is. The club wouldn't release details of any bids and the ones mentioned online and in the press are pure speculation. It was amazing how many stories originated from the Mirror yesterday and all were proven to be lies and conjecture, and I suspect all have come via John Cross, Arsenal supporting sports editor of said paper. I'll be glad when the window closes and if we have Sanchez and keep Sterling and Aguero then I'll be happy. I we can sign a center-back and either another left-back or defensive midfielder then I'll be extremely confident about this season.
Sanchez hasn't kicked off publicly about this transfer but he appears to have made it clear to Arsenal that he won't sign a new contract and would like to move on. He is now being described as a trouble causer and his reputation is being questioned in the dressing room. Last season he was Arsenal's best player and the only one who knuckled down. It looked clear to me that Wenger hasn't got full respect from Sanchez but I don't think Ozil respects him either and I also think Oxlade-Chamberlain isn't happy with the manager as well which is why they are all running their contracts down. Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't seem able to play a full 90 minutes in any game and Wenger doesn't trust him to last a full match either, which at his current age is a worry. It is mo surprise that 2 of these players want to leave and Ozil who turns up in a game about 1 in 5 seems to be staying. I suspect the Ozil situation is another of the reasons why Arsenal are going down the pan. They spent big on him and he is occasionally great but usually disappears in most games.

A mate of mine who gets info from time to time is telling me sanchez terms etc is all done and dusted fee sorted and all this 50m rejected is to make it look to the arsenal fans that they did there best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.