Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that this has reached a highly unsatisfactory conclusion I think we can make a few observations of why this was doomed from start -

I do think City worked hard all summer on this move but how many times must they have asked and were simply given a "not happening" Hard to open talks when one side is not really looking to dance.

I think Wenger saw this window and the £££s and probably lost his mind. Arsenal hasn't spent big in some time and past windows would be considered sane against the ridiculous fees paid this window.

Arsenal as a club are in a very tricky position. Reputation far exceeds the current position of club. I don't think they can attract big names and desperately clung on to the one they still have. Alexis was desperate to leave club but they refused to sell knowing they could not attract the "next Alexis" with the team in its current state.

I think as City fans we all thought, "oh they have to take £70m this summer vs nothing in a year for a player who wants out and won't extend his deal." Arsenal saw it more as, "we won't be able to attract a player at Alexis' level"

One has to wonder what other targets Txiki was looking at other than Alexis. Mbappe was out as soon as money reached totally insane levels which was a few weeks back.

Every player who missed out on their deadline day transfer backs down and signs a new deal they have little choice unless he goes on strike or something drastic which I can't see considering he didn't hand in a transfer request.

The lack of transfer request is the key for me it means he was keeping door open to get back on with the gooners knowing Arsenal may screw him over.

Usually they dont put in a transfer request for financial reasons. His agent has already said he won't be signing a new contract "under any circumstances" and that was before Arsenal fucked him over

Plenty of players have seen out their contracts, we've had a few ourselves like Milner. No reason to think Sanchez will have a change of heart

Usually they dont put in a transfer request for financial reasons. His agent has already said he won't be signing a new contract "under any circumstances" and that was before Arsenal fucked him over

Plenty of players have seen out their contracts, we've had a few ourselves like Milner. No reason to think Sanchez will have a change of heart
I'm 99.9% sure he will. Save this :)

I think its more of a case he wants to leave Arsenal so the chances of him coming to us in the next window or next year I would suggest are slim.

This was our best chance and it wasn't to be.

I feel so bad for him. The pics I'm looking at from the Chile match, he looks devastated. Almost wanting to cry.

Sad, sad, sad. FU Arsenal.

I think its more of a case he wants to leave Arsenal so the chances of him coming to us in the next window or next year I would suggest are slim.

This was our best chance and it wasn't to be.

Why though? If the rumours are correct, he only wanted City. If we want him in January or in the summer, why would it be different ?

I actually think there's more chance of City cooling their interest than of Sanchez cooling his interest in coming

Rather we cool our interest then. Go for Lemar next summer and if Sanchez on a free is resolute in joining then we get him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.