We've got enough....

Sterling. Also pretty rare you find top clubs with 4 strikers these days.
Utd have lukaku martial rashford and zlatan
Madrid have Ronaldo benzema bale
Psg cavani neymar mbappe
Spurs Kane son Jansen llorente
They're just off top of my head not many teams just have 2. Even Chelsea technically have costa batshuai moratta.

I believe we have the best squad -

We have spent more than all the teams that finished below us significantly strengthening our first team

Chelsea have second season syndrome and also look weaker - Spuds not done much business - Liverpook have done good business but their squad looks weak with CL footy.

I think based on the above , if Pep is as good as we expect we should win the league otherwise the manager and board have f*cked up

I can't agree. Given that we're looking at a 55 game season, with suspensions and injuries an inevitability, I think we're thin up top, thin at centre half and thin on the left side at the back. We are as likely to finish 5th as we are champions

No, we are still short in 4 positions, LB, CB, DM, Striker
if everyone stays fit we will be fine but will have problems if we pick up injuries in these areas, particularly to Vinnie, Gundo, Kun, GJ.

Everyone is missing the fact that we might not have the numbers but the depth in quality has improved significantly.

We still have 4 centre backs with Mangala - 5 if you count Tosin - and with the attacking players we have we don't really need 4 out and out strikers.

Danilo was bought with the intention of covering both right and left back if necessary.

Of course, another one would have been ideal, and I'm sure the club thought so, but with Arsenal preferring to screw us on Sanchez rather than look after their own situation first, it has left us one attacker short. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

Mangala would have been replaced by Jonny Evans, so we go into the season a striker down on what would have been ideal.

I think the squad is light in a few key areas, and one or two injuries could seriously destabilise our title aspirations. It was a good window overall in terms of improving the quality of the squad and getting rid of the dead wood, but the failure to land Sanchez will be costly I think.

Still, Guardiola prefers to work with a smaller group of players and the pathway to the first team for the likes of Foden and Diaz looks clearer so there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

I think the squad is light in a few key areas, and one or two injuries could seriously destabilise our title aspirations. It was a good window overall in terms of improving the quality of the squad and getting rid of the dead wood, but the failure to land Sanchez will be costly I think.

Still, Guardiola prefers to work with a smaller group of players and the pathway to the first team for the likes of Foden and Diaz looks clearer so there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

I can't see us winning the league this season based on what I have seen first 3 games. Let's hope I am wrong.

I think the fact we made v early signings has distorted the success of this window. Re Sanchez - great player but it would have affected Sane & Sterlings playing time - not to mention the best forward in the League - Kun. We've also got Gundy coming back. Also need to allow Foden & Brahim a proper chance & Sanchez would have prevented this.

Defensively - could have done with a back up CH but we signed 3 defenders & still have Mangala who did well last season in Valencia (? I think it was). Did we keep Tosin? If so then this is how we should be moving forward i.e. giving one or 2 kids a chance.

From a financial viewpoint - net spend now removes us from the tedious "spending" club tag.

All looks good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.