Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they really just didn't want to sell their best player unless it was an exceptional price...? I mean that is totally possible and reasonable if you ask me. 55+5 was not exceptional..they would have accepted if lemar would come and he wouldn't so Sanchez stayed. Simple to me.
and me..
They want to be back in CL and They've a lot more chances of CL with him in the team..

and can you imagine the shit publicity and perception of fans after the pasting at Liverpool to lose their best player, I think the last thing they wanted was to lose him, especially to a competitor.
Plus we dont know the relationship he has with Wenger, maybe he hopes he can persuade him to stay.

Sanchez not playing 100% is bollocks imo, I dont believe a player who wants to put himself in a shop window next May will go on a go slow, he'll want to be the Gooners best player again. You dont attract potential big clubs by being a moody sod.

Arsenal have never said they want to sell him and he's put in no transfer requests, fair go's to them for sticking to their guns (no pun intented)

You're aren't wrong. Far from it actually. Speaking from my point of it view the jokes on me. I got really wound up in the pogba thread for two years and Mbappe + Sanchez to an extent. Feel bad for the blues who got excited for this one. If you got hyped for van dijk well then that's on you (the collective, not you specif).

His argument is that not getting Sanchez means we've forfeited the league, do you honestly agree?

We've just had our best window in an age, improving in every category, and you start laying in to the club? The entitlement is absolutely shocking.

The only thing that pisses me off is at how many times I read/heard in podcasts at how confident city were at this happening. It was bizarrely arrogant and off putting.

It's still happening, just not this window.

What if they really just didn't want to sell their best player unless it was an exceptional price...? I mean that is totally possible and reasonable if you ask me. 55+5 was not exceptional..they would have accepted if lemar would come and he wouldn't so Sanchez stayed. Simple to me.

The problem with your theorycrafting is that they accepted City's offer, according to all reports.

and can you imagine the shit publicity and perception of fans after the pasting at Liverpool to lose their best player, I think the last thing they wanted was to lose him, especially to a competitor.

They are getting absolutely pasted by the media and their fans right now for this cock up. They could have had Lemar, or at least money towards other signings, but now they'll get nothing and Sanchez will walk to City for free anyway. It's an unbelievably irresponsible development from every angle.

Arsenal would be plain stupid to sell to us,even worse if they don't have a replacement. nothing Sanchez could do,apart put off perspective buyers in europe .which i think he did.
I know he prized himself away from moves abroad and for that I truly am proud of him but if news that he is now gutted is anything to go by, then maybe he trusted Arsenal to do what was required a bit too much and as time ticked on I feel he could have done more to get Arsenal more decisive about getting a replacement as they were always going to drag their feet. I know he put up some behaviours that irked the club and his teammates but as time was drawing closer, he could have done a bit more to force Arsenal. Atimes he acted like a prick (e.g. the faking of sickness after his hols) and at other times he seemed like a professional so there was every reason why Arsenal would hold onto that glimmer of hope that he'll get over the sulking and play football for them. He could have seized every opportunity to quash any thoughts that he'll deliver for them on the pitch.

I too think he'll be a professional on the field but off it for promotional events and whatever football soirees footballers have, I think he will pick his moments. Was he the one who had a fight with his teammates during one training?

He'll play, score goals and assists, but it will be all for himself as someone who enjoys football, not for the club. I think as a footballer he won't pass on having a good game. But trying to get him on the pitch will be a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.