Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read most of this morning's newspapers' take on what happened, (i don't buy them, i 'm a newsagent), the general consensus seems to be "City are furious"....., Arsenal contacted us signalling willingness to sell, made a gentleman's agreement on a fee, and ultimately due to their incompetence f***ed us over. You could argue, that by reneging on an agreement they willingly made, that discouraged /prevented us from even looking at any other options, and ultimately, arguably we are a striker short.

I believe, there is no formal, merely a "Gentleman's agreement",(lol) not to invoke the Webster Ruling, and get him bought out of the remainder of his contract. After how Arsenal have treated us, why the hell shouldn't we use this ruling to our benefit?
Because that would set a precedent that we would be tarnished with - let it go mate

Having read most of this morning's newspapers' take on what happened, (i don't buy them, i 'm a newsagent), the general consensus seems to be "City are furious"....., Arsenal contacted us signalling willingness to sell, made a gentleman's agreement on a fee, and ultimately due to their incompetence f***ed us over. You could argue, that by reneging on an agreement they willingly made, that discouraged /prevented us from even looking at any other options, and ultimately, arguably we are a striker short.

I believe, there is no formal, merely a "Gentleman's agreement",(lol) not to invoke the Webster Ruling, and get him bought out of the remainder of his contract. After how Arsenal have treated us, why the hell shouldn't we use this ruling to our benefit?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hester-city-thomas-lemar-latest-a7923166.html

Interesting take on it.

Because that would set a precedent that we would be tarnished with - let it go mate

Sorry mate, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Anyway didn't Winger say only a week or so ago, that he expects the current transfer system to fall apart, and all players to soon move on a "free"?
I don't think it's a matter of letting it go, i think its more a question of how angry we feel about how they have treated us.

Also, what's wrong with setting a precedent PSG don't seem to be doing too badly, unilaterally cocking a snoop at FFP, or by paying c £200m for Neymar, Somebody has to be first!

Gen question. They refused to sell to us this window, why would they sell to us in Jan?

He won't be a happy camper. They're set for a demoralizing season. Everyone there knows he wants out and Ozil won't sign a new contract.

The only way we get to see him play for us in Jan is if Arse release him - end of

Are you stating that because you believe no club would wish to open the Pandora's Box that is the Webster Ruling, or because you believe the Webster Ruling is not legally enforceable in this case?

Just looking at the criteria he looks eligible to me now. Been at Arsenal over 3 years and is over the age of 28.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.