City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have nightmares of us playing a suicidal high line and them nicking the ball off us and doing us on the break. I REALLY hope Pep does his homework for this game.

I like Pep but he'll send us out with naive tactics I think and they'll batter us by at least 3.

If not then I'll believe that Pep has decided to adapt to the competition and we have a great shot this season.

I've found Liverpoool to be the most impressive team in the early going. Yes they have a suspect defense and . But their Press is intense, their midfielders are all aggressively interchangeable without dropofff. And they have the fastest system wingers in Salah and Mane. Sadly ours in Sane and Sterling are probably just as fast, but our system is significantly slower.

I really would rather not play them now. That said, 2-1 City... As we have the technical ability to slow this down into a borefest. I pray we do. As it seems our best chance of of victory. Tiki taka those fukkers into a coma.

They battered arsenal, that's about it in the league. Oldham could beat arsenal at the minute. To many people shitting themselves over this Liverpool side.

I like Pep but he'll send us out with naive tactics I think and they'll batter us by at least 3.

If not then I'll believe that Pep has decided to adapt to the competition and we have a great shot this season.

THIS.

I hope all that talk about the Premier League being a different animal has sunk in. There are two or three different ways of playing in this League based on the opposition. Suicidal attack isn't one of them against the top teams, because it isn't a "we'll score more than you will" type of competition amongst the Top 6, but rather a "we know how to beat you, and we are going to be plotting that strategy for the next 90 minutes to exploit that crack." City's record against the Top 6 for the last few years has been less than Champions-like. This needs to change. Sometimes, not losing and eking out a hard fought 1-0 is more important than expansive football that delivers a 0-1...or 0-3, if some supporters are to be believed!

Liverpool play such an obvious tactic it's hard to believe a world class manager like Pep can't see it. Playing a high line is suicide with Mane and especially salah running in behind. Genuinely believe our best bet against these lot is to play on the counter, they're nothing special when you sit back against them and we'd take away the best part to their game (the ball in behind) if we just defended and hit them on the break.

On paper we're the better team and I really hope we batter them and show the league we mean business.

Hahaha definitely not! ;) Just think we've got to worry about their pressing game and try to match their energy.
I agree with this but I really don't see Pep dropping either of them. If we play bernardo we don't need David in there, that's my opunion.

Does anyone know who hasn't been called up for their countries this time? Glad to read Mendy and Sane hadn't. Both should play against Liverpool.

Was Fernandinho called up? I hope not as he will need to be fresh for this one.

If Aguero doesn't start for Argentina but Jesus plays both games for Brazil then I think we start with Aguero.

I hope Mane, Salah snd Firminho are all involved for their countries!

The way our games go and especially the way we play against Liverpool, it is imperative that we don't concede in the first half hour. If we can manage that and score a goal in the first half I think we'll win with ease. Unfortunately that's a lot easier said than done.

I'm going to go for an entertaining 3-2.

go for the juggler

juggling.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.