City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker and Mendy's defensive performances may well decide the result. Both are pacey and strong and as long as they position themselves well they can contain Salah and Mané.

Why not have some extra insurance and play Danilo in the holding role for this one. He will be aware of the threats coming from both fullback positions having played there often. Add to that he will know Ferminho well from international duty.

-------------------------Ederson-----------------------
--------Kompany------Stones---------Otto----------
Walker-----------------------------------------Mendy
--------------------------KDB--------------------------
Bernardo---------------Silva-------------------Sane
--------------------------Jesus-------------------------

I don't want to see KDB near the half-way line. He is a genuine goal scoring option even from outside the box. Wasn't it 17 goals he scored in his last season with Wolfsberg ?. He has to play closer to goal, just behind the striker.

I think we should sit back and let them come onto us then we can hit them on the break. Suspect though that pool will allow us to come onto them and hit us on the break as usual. Would love a win but cant see it happening myself.

Sort of how we played in the LC final. Liverpool had good possession in the first half, but whenever we nicked the ball we created clear cut chances with fast transitions.

I daresay first massive game of the season between two giants. An opportunity for Pep to clip Klopp.

This has all the potential to be an epic clash. A loss in this one could have similar ramifications like the Chelsea home loss last season. Need to win this or at the worst a draw.

I'd rather Bernardo start on the bench than seeing him as a winger. Even if he cuts insid, he is not going to give near his best there. Not the same as when he plays as a center/attacking mid.
He seemed fine there for Monaco playing on the right in midfield.

Sort of how we played in the LC final. Liverpool had good possession in the first half, but whenever we nicked the ball we created clear cut chances with fast transitions.

That was under Pelegríni Pep wont sit back we will half everyone in the Liverpool half passing and probing for that goal our defenders and pep knows it leads to "better" opportunities but the chances maybe 2 to 3 where we will have 3 times as many, its city not taking those opportunities is why it will be close games like our previous games.

I think it will be either the baby Jesus or Kun and then of course Vinny , I reckon we will be carded the most in the game as well .

Time for Guardiola to find a way to win against "top 4" opponents now, it would give confidence for other games at this point of the season. Can't afford to get tactically done again by Klopp, we have far better players than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.