North Korea vs USA

So it appears if we believe what we are told from the media that North Korea are getting closer and closer to having a viable nuclear capability. If this is the case and given the speed that they appear to be developing this threat what should be done about it?
Where will they stand in 5 years time if they go unchecked?
Is there an argument to put a stop to this now by force if required, and if so what would the ramifications be?

Yes

Too late, that nation has nuclear bombs, nothing anyone can do about it. That's putting it simply.

Too late, that nation has nuclear bombs, nothing anyone can do about it. That's putting it simply.

Correct. Though even before they got nukes there's nothing that could be done really, they are only 30 miles from Seoul so they could flatten it no problem with basic weapons

I feel sorry for your average North Korean, I mean they have to live under the dictatorship of this lunatic and pretty much have to do as they are told, or face the consequences. The world has seen the cruelty of some of the most notorious dictators, with the western world intervening and dealing with them only if it had implications, usually of a financial nature.

Kim Jong Un is a different ball game altogether. Any leader of a country who implements rules such as his people have to have their hair cut like his own is clearly a worry. It's frightening not just for the Western World, but for his own people as well, as once the Yanks get going their country will be pulverized.

I honestly think that the Yanks missed a trick and that years ago they should have sent their Special Forces in to remove him swiftly. He and his father before him have been on the radar for years, but with first Iraq, then Afghanistan and now the on going issues with Islamic Extremists they took their eye of the ball and left this rogue nation to quietly go abouts it's business in building it's nuclear capabilities.

There's one thing for sure it's going to be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

I'm still unsure of what the big deal is with NK having nuclear weapons. Any wars that NK have been involved in the US always seem to be on the opposite side. Seems to me the US don't want anyone who disagrees with them to have any kind of sophisticated arsenal.
For me the US are far more dangerous than NK. NK just want to be left alone and have weapons to defend itself. Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So it appears if we believe what we are told from the media that North Korea are getting closer and closer to having a viable nuclear capability. If this is the case and given the speed that they appear to be developing this threat what should be done about it?
Where will they stand in 5 years time if they go unchecked?
Is there an argument to put a stop to this now by force if required, and if so what would the ramifications be?
Ramifications are most of Seoul flattened, some of Japan, millions killed in the first few weeks using conventional weapons, escalation to use of nuclear weapons and the possible dragging in of China and Russia.

Alternative of not doing anything might be worse?

I'm just thankful we're in the steady hands of Trump to make the right call.

Ramifications are most of Seoul flattened, some of Japan, millions killed in the first few weeks using conventional weapons, escalation to use of nuclear weapons and the possible dragging in of China and Russia.

Alternative of not doing anything might be worse?

I'm just thankful we're in the steady hands of Trump to make the right call.
rofl_example_image.png

I'm still unsure of what the big deal is with NK having nuclear weapons. Any wars that NK have been involved in the US always seem to be on the opposite side. Seems to me the US don't want anyone who disagrees with them to have any kind of sophisticated arsenal.
For me the US are far more dangerous than NK. NK just want to be left alone and have weapons to defend itself. Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Incredible as it may seem , you are missing the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.