Jadon Sancho

Sad as it might sound, he actually did the right thing. If I had a talented kid, I'll send him to Dortmund over City every day of the week. And if any talented kid decides to leave City to a team that consistently plays at a top level and yet gives kids a chance... You couldn't find a better place for a young talented kid.

Good luck to him and I hope he crushes it!

Sad as it might sound, he actually did the right thing. If I had a talented kid, I'll send him to Dortmund over City every day of the week. And if any talented kid decides to leave City to a team that consistently plays at a top level and yet gives kids a chance... You couldn't find a better place for a young talented kid.

Good luck to him and I hope he crushes it!

I wonder what City have to do to please some people? What do you know about Dortmund's academy that makes you be so derogatory towards the club you supposedly support, and a club that has invested so heavily in youth not just now but always?

I wonder what City have to do to please some people? What do you know about Dortmund's academy that makes you be so derogatory towards the club you supposedly support, and a club that has invested so heavily in youth not just now but always?
How am I derogatory? Dortmund has a clearer line to the first team than any other top team. It

And for what it is worth, City doesn't have to do anything to please me. Since I am all about winning I am quite happy with City's policy of seeking out the best players in the world. but as a father of a 15 year old, if my son was ever good enough to be considered by top professional teams, I'd be a fool to not consider Dortmund over any other top team.

How am I derogatory? Dortmund has a clearer line to the first team than any other top team. It

And for what it is worth, City doesn't have to do anything to please me. Since I am all about winning I am quite happy with City's policy of seeking out the best players in the world. but as a father of a 15 year old, if my son was ever good enough to be considered by top professional teams, I'd be a fool to not consider Dortmund over any other top team.

So what is the clearer line? They have less good players to block the path? I'm genuinely interested as I don't know anything about Dortmund's academy system.

I'm also a father of a 15 year old, so maybe you can guide me on why I shouldn't consider City as a good place for my son to develop and potentially prosper?

So what is the clearer line? They have less good players to block the path? I'm genuinely interested as I don't know anything about Dortmund's academy system.

I'm also a father of a 15 year old, so maybe you can guide me on why I shouldn't consider City as a good place for my son to develop and potentially prosper?
Partly that. And also they have less money to spend on big time players.

City is definitely where you want your son to develop. One of the best academies in the world. But once your child gets to the age of breaking into the first team, he's chances of doing so at City are simply smaller than if he goes to Dortmund. Perhaps it is just a perception. But that's what it looks like. Young talented players seem to get more of a chance there... So I can't fgault Sancho for taking his career into his hand and backing himself abroad.

It's just a fact, there is no clear route to the first team and many top top teams have managed to provide one and we haven't. Our players are too good is not a good enough excuse. Foden should have started vs Brighton in my opinion what more could he have done in pre season?

It's just a fact, there is no clear route to the first team and many top top teams have managed to provide one and we haven't. Our players are too good is not a good enough excuse. Foden should have started vs Brighton in my opinion what more could he have done in pre season?
IIRC Foden played brilliantly against the Rags but made little impression in the other games he was involved in? I think involving him in matchday squads,and slowly introducing him to first team life,is the exactly the right pace for his development.Lets not forget he's only just turned 17,he is far from being fully physically developed and he is still very prone to periods of inconsistency.

Sancho,for all his potential,may not even have been at this level.The two games versus Chelsea's monsters,in the youth cup,proved he can go missing and isn't yet as effective against players more developed than the usual kids he is up against.

Sancho may well go onto be brilliant but its far from guaranteed.

To me, Foden is not quite ready to start. But, if he continues to train with the first team, learns from Pep and those around him, and works hard he will be ready.

I firmly believe he will get his chance, but he just has to make sure he makes the most of it. That's the case with any young player at a big club - they have to be patient and prove themselves good enough to warrant a place in the team.

Partly that. And also they have less money to spend on big time players.

City is definitely where you want your son to develop. One of the best academies in the world. But once your child gets to the age of breaking into the first team, he's chances of doing so at City are simply smaller than if he goes to Dortmund. Perhaps it is just a perception. But that's what it looks like. Young talented players seem to get more of a chance there... So I can't fgault Sancho for taking his career into his hand and backing himself abroad.

I see what you're saying. I still think it's a shame that Sancho didn't stay and back himself to at least try and break into the first team squad. What harm would a couple of more years under Pep actually have done? Which makes me wonder what his (or his advisers) real motivation for moving was.

I see what you're saying. I still think it's a shame that Sancho didn't stay and back himself to at least try and break into the first team squad. What harm would a couple of more years under Pep actually have done? Which makes me wonder what his (or his advisers) real motivation for moving was.
A lot it seems. I mean look at Roberts, he was once considered the Messi of English youth football and headed to the top. And then he signed for a big club, and the loaning in and out starts. To good to be playing on youth teams, but not trusted enough for the big teams yet.

It's sad, but I expect Roberts career to slowly dwindle. Soon he'll be 24 and wouldn't have stayed anywhere long enough to hone his skills and would get sold to a midtable club.

And this is not strictly a City problem, its a big club problem. Odegarrd, and the Croatian Messi had similar problems in Barca and Real Madrid. As a young talented lad, you want to go to a midtable Spanish, French or German club and ddominate.

If I'm advising any young up and coming talent my advice is simple. I'd you have the opportunity, join the youth teams of one of the big clubs, they generally have the best facilities, and you'd come in contact with some if the best ever and can pick things up from.them. Bit once you get near that starting age, park your bags head out and find a challenge. Don't sit around hoping for 1st team crumbs.

And don't take a loan out either. You have to cut ties... Sure buybacks are fine. But you want a permanent move to a place where you'll get 1st team action constantly.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.